News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Best Plateosaurus figures?

Started by JPuggy, September 17, 2021, 05:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPuggy

Im looking for a good plateosaurus toy to add to my collection. I want to know what the most accurate one is available

Gwangi

Quote from: JPuggy on September 17, 2021, 05:17:37 PM
Im looking for a good plateosaurus toy to add to my collection. I want to know what the most accurate one is available

The CollectA Plateosaurus is your best bet, even though is was originally released in 2011. Plateosaurus is in need of an updated figure, the CollectA may very well be the most recent one. There are plenty of older figures but they're all suffering from their age and/or difficult to find.

You can get the CollectA Plateosaurus at Everything Dinosaur.
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/plateosaurus-dinosaur-model/

The Carnegie Plateosaurus is readily available on eBay for a good price, and for a 26 year old toy it holds up reasonably well.

JPuggy

Quote from: Gwangi on September 17, 2021, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: JPuggy on September 17, 2021, 05:17:37 PM

The CollectA Plateosaurus is your best bet, even though is was originally released in 2011. Plateosaurus is in need of an updated figure, the CollectA may very well be the most recent one. There are plenty of older figures but they're all suffering from their age and/or difficult to find.

You can get the CollectA Plateosaurus at Everything Dinosaur.
https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product/plateosaurus-dinosaur-model/

Thank you!
The Carnegie Plateosaurus is readily available on eBay for a good price, and for a 26 year old toy it holds up reasonably well.

Lanthanotus

If you do not mind its quite small size, the Kaiyodo Dinotales Plateosaurus is the very best mass produced figure. The detailing is nothing short of spectacular for such a small figure and it is usually readily available on ebay for 8 to 10 $ which it is totally worth. It may not be a toy to play with, but the hard plastic also withstands quite some force.

Bokisaurus

I love the CollectA one, it's a very nice figure and a good size as well, easily my favorite 😃

Libraraptor

The quadruped Bullyland figure is not bad either,  albeit incorrect because it is walking in all fours which the real animal probably could not.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector posted a print prototype (?) of his Wild Past Plateosaurus and that's easily my favorite, at least as far as sculpt goes. I would love to get it.

DinoToyCollector

avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator
You mean this one?

Well, it has a full model and the digital version is in revision... The following picture shows the initial model. I'd love to produce it and we will see what happens after Scutosaurus & Majungasaurus.

SidB

That Plateosaurus of yours is an imposing one. I'd be very interested in acquiring one, if you decide to release it at some point. Plateosaurus was my very first dinosaur figure (as a cereal box dino) way back when. Definitely a nostalgia thing. But your creation is light-years ahead.

Concavenator

avatar_DinoToyCollector @DinoToyCollector yes, I meant that one. If it will be released, I'm confident it would be the ultimate version of this genus.

Duna

I agree with the Collecta one. I searched too and I ended buying it. I'm happy with it and it has a nice size, too.
I even corrected the pronated hands with hot water so now it looks even more accurate.

CityRaptor

Yes, the CollectA is clearly a nice figure.  Although I recnetly sold off mine due to stickyness, despite only being 7 - 10 years old.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SidB

Quote from: Duna on September 18, 2021, 06:05:44 PMI agree with the Collecta one. I searched too and I ended buying it. I'm happy with it and it has a nice size, too.
I even corrected the pronated hands with hot water so now it looks even more accurate.

This is a not-so-recent thread and I'm referring to an old posting, but I wanted to acknowledge it as typical of the value that collectors bring to the community by sharing their experiences. Plateosaurus was my very first dinosaur, a cereal box collectible from many years ago  and I was recently trying to find a halfway decent one to add to my collection, apart from the Carnegie Safari one, which I have. So avatar_Duna @Duna's post is helpful to me and I ordered this one from ED. Looking forward to its arrival as it wends its way through the vagaries of the holiday postal system from the UK to Canada.

SidB

Well, my CollectA Plateosaurus and Lufengosaurus arrived in the mail today, a better fate than the Wild Past figures that I had ordered from ED back in December (will have to chase those down, it seems).

These should fit nicely into my 1/35-1/40 dioramas, one a late Triassic sauropodmorph, the other from the early Jurassic. Decent sculpts, especially the Lufengosaurus, which is fabricated of a somewhat harder plastic, which holds a higher level of detail than that of the Plateosaurus. That also made the blow dryer much more effective in completely de-pronating the hands. Those of the Plateosaurus are considerably more resistant, slowly reverting from their supination to pronation. I'll keep at it, even resorting to surgery if I have to!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.