News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nicest Dino Ornaments

Started by Takama, December 12, 2012, 12:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok its X-mas season,  and for some of us, it means we put up a modern Conifer tree to decorated with a bunch of lights, figures ane bulbs

What are some cool Dinosaur ornaments that i should look for.  Accuracey is optional

Seijun

Sideshow apatosaurus + tree + ductape... Epic dinosaur ornament.

What, no??
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

ajax

Quote from: Takama on December 12, 2012, 12:31:42 AM
Ok its X-mas season,  and for some of us, it means we put up a modern Conifer tree to decorated with a bunch of lights, figures ane bulbs

What are some cool Dinosaur ornaments that i should look for.  Accuracey is optional

Key chain dinosaurs are easy to hang from trees, I think the 'Sue' Rex came as a key chain. A whole tree decorated in Sue Rex's, (with santa hats)  now that would be cool.
On another more depressing note, I am not putting up decorations at christmas anymore, I think I finally grew out of it, plus Im an atheist anyway.

SBell

Another way is to get eye hooks or keychain eyelets and screw them into whatever figure you want to use for an ornament (I have done this). Obviously it damages the figure, so you'll mostly want to do it to easy to find ones, or ones that you can get lots of. Or ones that you want to use to bother people...

You can also wrap gold craft wire around them, and then add a looped string. Same end, but no damaged figures.

As for real ornaments, Hallmark put out a T.rex this year. And on ebay I have seen a set of 3 prehistoric mammals, as well as individual dinosaur ones. These ones are all made in resin, specifically as ornaments.

deanm

I have also seen a Pteranodon ornament on ebay also. Quality looked reasonable.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.