News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imperial Prehistorics

Started by stargatedalek, July 09, 2015, 04:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I posted this recently in the Identification Thread, but thought it might be useful here too in case anybody has some mystery Imperials.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Fembrogon

Man, these guys take me back. I definitely remember having a few of these as a kid - the Tyrannosaurus, the Trachodon, the Brachiosaurus, Stegosaurus, and possibly the Velociraptor, Triceratops, and the little Spino and Paleoscincus. The rex had to be replaced at some point due to damage, and I'm pretty sure the Stego got thrown out because its thagomizer was coming off; the plastic was so flexible I couldn't help playing with it all the time!
Did Imperial ever make electronic versions of their dinos? I distinctly recall having a trike and a raptor with those silhouettes, but with a button and light-up eyes each.

Blade-of-the-Moon

There were a few electronic figures,  Mastodon, Velociraptor , Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops.

I'd like to find them all on the original art cards. The art was pretty retro and cool.

Bowhead Whale

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 09, 2015, 04:47:42 AM
Edited by Admin to make an appropriate opening post for this topic. ;) Image by Paleona
---
I've never been interested in the Imperial dinosaurs but they make some beautiful modern animals,  I have a good size lot of 1:1 marine life by Imperial.

I LOVE THEM!!!! The reason? Well, pure, emotional nostalgia. Consider it: those dinosaurs were in stores while I was 8 years old (in 1985) and 12 years old (in 1989). I, myself, have quite a collection of Imperial animals, modern, prehistoric as well as mythological. Soon, I will recive via mail my own Imperial 1985 T-Rex, which I am getting via a trade with a fellow member of STS forum.

DinoToyForum

Does anyone know the timeline for when the different species in this line were released/retired? I gather they were released in waves?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.