News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imperial Prehistorics

Started by stargatedalek, July 09, 2015, 04:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

I never really looked into what this brand has to offer. I found a mastodon while cleaning out storage. Any idea of rarity/value?
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on July 11, 2015, 11:16:42 PM
I never really looked into what this brand has to offer. I found a mastodon while cleaning out storage. Any idea of rarity/value?

Can't speak for the value but their mastodon is the only toy mastodon I'm aware of. Usually I see them in lots on eBay. Off hand I would speculate a value between $20-40.

ImperialKing

Here's some pics of my small Imperial & Dormei collection

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Victoria's Cantina

I recently went out of state to visit my family. I sent my father up into the attic to dig for gold, and he managed to find most of my old Imperial dinosaurs! Unfortunately he didn't locate neither the Triceratops nor the Trachodon (my favorite one), but he did find quite a few of them. I'm surprised that they're all in very good condition despite being in the scorching hot attic for who knows how long. Some of them are a bit sticky, so I might give them a good cleaning soon to see if that helps.

Halichoeres

Victoria: I have a few older figures that are also sticky, but no amount of washing fixes it because it's the plastic itself that's sticky and degraded. I think it's sun and heat damage. Hopefully that's not the case here, but thought I'd point out the possibility.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Victoria's Cantina

Thanks for letting me know. I have heard before that this can happen on some toys when the plastic starts breaking down. At least the affected dinosaurs look good I suppose.

terrorchicken

I have the mastodon. I bought it on eBay last year b/c it was the only mastodon toy figure ever made and wanted it for my prehistoric mammals collection. It didn't cost much, I think I paid about $20 and that included shipping. I still see them pop up on eBay for similar price now & then.

Archinto

I have several of these imperial dinosaurs. I really love them and they were one of my favorites as a kid in the 80's as well as my playskool definitely dinosaurs figures. I have lots of duplicates and knock offs of these figures too. Ive yet to post my whole collection of them but i have two different color mastodons and also the smilodon :)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Halichoeres

Has anyone bought any of the squishy, bead-filled dinos that Imperial is currently selling? Spotted some at Walgreens not long ago.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Archinto on July 15, 2016, 09:51:10 PM
I have several of these imperial dinosaurs. I really love them and they were one of my favorites as a kid in the 80's as well as my playskool definitely dinosaurs figures. I have lots of duplicates and knock offs of these figures too. Ive yet to post my whole collection of them but i have two different color mastodons and also the smilodon :)

Nice! I truly have some fond memories of these from my childhood. I remember taking the Apatosaurus to the football stadium when my grandparents would walk around the track. I took it to school on my last day of kindergarten and somehow managed to forget my backpack (which it was inside of). My mother later took me to lost and found, and we found the backpack, but not the dinosaur! So she bought me a second (the one in my previous photo). I recall most of these coming from Walmart (except for the big brown T-Rex, which we got from a flea market). I remember them coming on cardbacks with plastic bubbles. It's impossible to find any on Ebay these days that are still sealed! I'd LOVE to obtain a packaged collection of them, but I fear that will likely never happen since they virtually never show up on Ebay.

terrorchicken

did they make any other prehistoric mammal besides the mastodon?

docronnie

Very nice ...  saw some of them in my hunts, but left them behind.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

CarnegieCollector

They sell a couple of these at rite-aid. Not bad for a non-serious toy. I quite like them.

I own the stegosaurus, triceratops, apatosaurus/brontosaurus (diplodocus?), the T. rex ( his name is kaiju. He is king of the chinasaurs), and the styracosaurus. I used to own the smilodon but I think it got stolen.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: ImperialKing on July 14, 2015, 01:58:23 AM
Here's some pics of my small Imperial & Dormei collection

That skinny (malnourished?) theropod seems like a 70s style raptor!  ;D
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Postosuchus84

These take me back. I had a lot of them while growing up. That and Playskool's Definitely Dinosaurs line.

FlawedCoil82

These were some of my most played with dinosaur toys I ever had. I never had the Trachodon or mammals though. In my young childhood,  I thought these were the absolute pinnacle of dinosaur toys. How my little brain would have been blown away if I had seen then all the toys that are available today. I still have these buried somewhere in the garage.

Bowhead Whale

I LOVE those Imperial dinosaurs! I am looking for a few of these actually, though I do already own a respectable batch. I am looking for the 1978 line, for example. I would also like to find the 1977 stégosaurus or the 1976 dimetrodon.

tyrantqueen

I kinda like their line of Universal movie horror characters, especially their Lugosi inspired Dracula.

Bowhead Whale

Imperial made a lot of good stuff, especially when Fred Kurt (its foundator) was still alive (he died in 2003). I even own the 1977 Imperial Diplocaulus!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: