News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Walking With Dinosaurs 2, coming 2025!

Started by GojiraGuy1954, November 08, 2023, 04:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shuvuuia

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 04, 2024, 06:32:33 PM
Quote from: Shuvuuia on June 04, 2024, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on June 04, 2024, 03:17:55 PMDuplicate thread

RIP we must've been typing them up at the same time there wasn't one when I started.

There was, i put mine up in November after seeing the show listed on that one guy's Berlin Associates resume

Oh that's why I didn't see it then I only checked the most recent things. Didn't realize this had been known before today. Oops all around :P

MLMjp

The best kind of surprise, for sure. I really hope they manage to capture the essence of the original once again.

Storytelling like the balad of big Al? Yes please, focus on specific animals from a specific area on a specific era. The constant jumps between areas and eras was Prehistoric Planet's biggest issue.

And if they re-use some of the original themes, it would make it even better! Specially the opening! (They are totally going to make new music for this...)

Another thing that would be nice if they updated the old designs of returning dinosaurs instead of making new ones. An accurate T.rex with the WWD flavor would be really cool to see, like this piece by Fred the Dinosaur Man:

The chances of it happening are pretty low though...

HD-man

Quote from: MLMjp on June 04, 2024, 08:41:49 PMAnother thing that would be nice if they updated the old designs of returning dinosaurs instead of making new ones. An accurate T.rex with the WWD flavor would be really cool to see, like this piece by Fred the Dinosaur Man:

;) Here's an even better example ( https://creative-beast.com/tyrannosaur-series-package-art-2/ ):
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Dilopho

Hopefully they get Banjamin Bartlett back

Dynomikegojira

Pliosaurking

Wow, I can't wait to see this when it comes out! I grew up watching all the walking with series, so this is fantastic news.

HD-man

I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Pachyrhinosaurus

Very exciting. While there's no replacing the original, I can't wait to see what's in store. Hopefully plenty of references and homages to the original series. It seems likely it'll get an actual home release as well seeing as it isn't being marketed as a streaming exclusive.

Considering it is the BBC, perhaps Attenborough? From what I understand, he turned down the original on the basis of prehistoric life being too speculative but times have changed considering he narrated Prehistoric Planet. Though if they could get Nigel Marven to do it...

I wonder if this means a new lineup of toys as well.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 07, 2024, 02:58:41 AMVery exciting. While there's no replacing the original, I can't wait to see what's in store. Hopefully plenty of references and homages to the original series. It seems likely it'll get an actual home release as well seeing as it isn't being marketed as a streaming exclusive.

Considering it is the BBC, perhaps Attenborough? From what I understand, he turned down the original on the basis of prehistoric life being too speculative but times have changed considering he narrated Prehistoric Planet. Though if they could get Nigel Marven to do it...

I wonder if this means a new lineup of toys as well.

I believe he's said that turning down the original is one of his biggest regrets, so it's quite possible!

Prehistory Resurrection

CarnotaurusKing

Beyond excited for this! Hope there's a bit more realistic gore than in Prehistoric Planet, which was pretty sanitized due to Favreau's aversion to graphic violence (or so I've heard). The original series had the "polar allosaur" biting off a Leaellynasaura's head, and the Megapleurodon biting an Ophthalmosaurus in half. Dinosaurs were just animals like any other, but living animals often live horribly violent lives, and, according to the fossil record, so did dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures.
Big fan of the Ballad of Big Al format too, hope this means we'll see a pretty wide array of animals, and hopefully more emphasis on flora and the landscape as well. Hope it isn't just restricted to the land either, I wanna see Triassic ichthyosaurs rendered with modern effects.
Pretty exciting roster of animals and places thus far. Hoping for Miragaia, Falcarius, Carcharodontosaurus, the Yellow Cat iguanodontians and sauropods, and all the weird pseudosuchians from the Kem Kem Beds (maybe even a "Platypterygius" cameo), alongside the animals already confirmed. Even though it's often lamented as a tired trope, we haven't gotten a good rex-Trike fight in any paleomedia for some time, so that is exciting.

Sim

Jim Kirkland has confirmed there will be an episode featuring Gastonia and Utahraptor!  I'm excited for that one!  Tom holtz also confirmed the Tyrannosaurus in this series won't look like the one in the original Walking with dinosaurs.

The video where this information is from:

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.