News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 20, 2024, 09:40:50 PMGotta disagree with you on that part. Stan Winston's jp designs were generally proportionally accurate, especially for the time, and if anything were a little undermuscled.
I agree.  As for Godzilla, packaging of an official toy I had of it when I was little said it was a dinosaur...

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 20, 2024, 09:40:50 PMGotta disagree with you on that part. Stan Winston's jp designs were generally proportionally accurate, especially for the time, and if anything were a little undermuscled. I'd consider this more of an early 2000s semi-inaccurate paleoart vibe.

Palaeoart is the idea ;)

Also there's a function in Zbrush called "dynamic perspective", once turned on the middle section of the sculpt i.e. areas closer to the centre point of the canvas would look larger/longer so those legs really aren't as disproportional as you thought, the lengths of femur, fibula, tibia and metatarsals are pretty accurate, yes it has slightly large feet but then again this is a toy so we need to put stability issues into consideration.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Faelrin on April 19, 2024, 08:08:01 PMSurprised no one has shared this yet. Rebor is doing a remake of their Yutyrannus for the 10th anniversary of their company.

Much better then their previous attempt. Just feel like the legs are a bit overly muscled, but that's nothing new (see Kiss and Tusk). It also looks like the legs and arms are partially feathered and scaly? Not sure.
That's raw
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 20, 2024, 10:35:58 PM
Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on April 20, 2024, 09:40:50 PMGotta disagree with you on that part. Stan Winston's jp designs were generally proportionally accurate, especially for the time, and if anything were a little undermuscled. I'd consider this more of an early 2000s semi-inaccurate paleoart vibe.

Palaeoart is the idea ;)

Also there's a function in Zbrush called "dynamic perspective", once turned on the middle section of the sculpt i.e. areas closer to the centre point of the canvas would look larger/longer so those legs really aren't as disproportional as you thought, the lengths of femur, fibula, tibia and metatarsals are pretty accurate, yes it has slightly large feet but then again this is a toy so we need to put stability issues into consideration.

Not entirely sure the point here but if I'm understanding you correctly I'd reccomend turning that off for pictures as an orthographic view would be much better at conveying your model to the public.

Faelrin

I agree with avatar_DefinitelyNOTDilo @DefinitelyNOTDilo. Those designs were pretty good for the time, and is a major reason it helped push the dinosaur renaissance in the public mind. The only things that were fabricated were the downsizing of the Dilophosaurus, it's frill and venom (although the latter was from the novel), the upscaling of the Velociraptor (in name only, and Deinonychus in truth), and the Brachiosaurus chewing like a cow. Even the Dilophosaurus, and raptors had lips, something debated to this day.

Also I didn't mean the late 1990's adaption, but the original Toho dinosaur inspired renditions, which all used suits, and puppetry, up until the most recent films such as Shin Godzilla or Minus One (or the Legendary Monsterverse films) that are done with CGI. Anyways, my point was since you said you preferred thunder thighs, look no further:

The Godzilla suits from the Heisei era of films really beefed them up. One such example:

Funny enough even Stan Winston Studios designed a version of Godzilla for an unfortunately scrapped film.

https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla_(1994_film)

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Turkeysaurus

I appreciate detachable parts a lot. Small packaging helps me a lot at shipping cost but more importantly at customs. I hope there will be a titanosaur (or brachiosaurus) in future same way...

I have "Kiss" and "Catch the Rainbow" Both look amazing in overall.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.