You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NECA - New for 2024 (DINOSAURS 1994 line)

Started by GojiraGuy1954, June 22, 2024, 11:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GojiraGuy1954

SDCC 2024 Exclusive Captain Impressive (from 'Earl, Don't Be a Hero!')

Includes extra pairs of hands (Gloved & Ungloved,) The OFFICIAL Captain Impressive-brand Trachea Plug, and an extra head without the mask

Box:
Spoiler

[close]

Figure:
Spoiler

[close]

WESAYSO Development Corporation Earl (Treepusher Outfit Ver.)

Includes WESAYSO Hardhat, Extra head (Seemingly identical to original release,) Lunchbox /w Critters, Lava Lager 6-pack & Extra pairs of hands

Better images pending

Box:
Spoiler

[close]

Figure:
Spoiler

[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shane

My Captain Impressive figure came in yesterday.

It's an exclusive so I'll try to cut it some slack, but this Earl sculpt is getting a little stretched thin.

The head sculpts are the same we've seen on original and WeSaySo Earl, with closed mouth and slightly opened mouth. The eye mask is a separate, non removable piece on the open mouth sculpt.

The "Captain Impressive Trachea Plug" accessory is just a thin strip of clear plastic with the logo kind of tampographed sort of poorly onto it. He can't hold it very well.

The new sculpted bits are only really the gloves, gloved hands, boots, and the piece that goes over the torso. Most of the outfit is tailored soft goods, and you can tell the fully sculpted Earl body with shirt is underneath.

All in all, for an exclusive it's fun, but feels a little corner-cutting in certain aspects.

And it's a bit disheartening that NECA had nothing to show for Dinosaurs at SDCC, so it would be a shame if this is the last figure we get.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I knew it was going to be a rehash but I bought it to support the line. I really hope there is more coming, would be great if someone had asked them at SDCC.  That said I also don't think they showed anything for Gargoyles either? That line hasn't had a new release this year despite at least two new figures planned/prototyped from last year.

Shane

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 01, 2024, 11:37:02 PMI knew it was going to be a rehash but I bought it to support the line. I really hope there is more coming, would be great if someone had asked them at SDCC.  That said I also don't think they showed anything for Gargoyles either? That line hasn't had a new release this year despite at least two new figures planned/prototyped from last year.

The Gargoyles line did technically have a new release in the "Vows" two pack, even though that's essentially a repacking of two figures with some new heads and accessories. But as you said there are unreleased figures that have been shown, like Coldstone and Macbeth, so it's odd there was no presence at SDCC.

Some folks with a bit more insider knowledge have said that NECA had to put together their display in a short period of time for SDCC and will potentially have new things on display for NYCC. But nothing official from NECA so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm doing what I can to support the Dinosaurs line, but I'd be a bit sad if it ends with three Earls and Baby.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shane on August 02, 2024, 04:32:40 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 01, 2024, 11:37:02 PMI knew it was going to be a rehash but I bought it to support the line. I really hope there is more coming, would be great if someone had asked them at SDCC.  That said I also don't think they showed anything for Gargoyles either? That line hasn't had a new release this year despite at least two new figures planned/prototyped from last year.

The Gargoyles line did technically have a new release in the "Vows" two pack, even though that's essentially a repacking of two figures with some new heads and accessories. But as you said there are unreleased figures that have been shown, like Coldstone and Macbeth, so it's odd there was no presence at SDCC.

Some folks with a bit more insider knowledge have said that NECA had to put together their display in a short period of time for SDCC and will potentially have new things on display for NYCC. But nothing official from NECA so take that with a grain of salt.

I'm doing what I can to support the Dinosaurs line, but I'd be a bit sad if it ends with three Earls and Baby.

I recall they had an issue last year with getting product from China that slowed things down by a few months. Maybe they just need more time to focus on new items?  I would also be pretty upset if it's all we get. At least I still have my original line of figures so that's something. I'd love more of this one though. 

I really figured we would be getting more Gargoyles like last year, seemed each quarter there was one. Maybe they just pushed to get the whole basic clan out?  There are a lot more I want from that line too.

I also collect their monsters line, last one I bought was London after Midnight Edward Burke was the last new one released early this year too in the mainline anyway.  I know they have some Neca store exclusives.

Checking out BBTS there are a LOT of Neca preorders still.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.