News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:35 scale

Started by Haldiron, July 01, 2020, 06:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 01, 2023, 12:24:47 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 11:17:34 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Eofauna's sauropods are made at 1:40 scale.

Right, so is Safari's Camarasaurus. But for animals with as much individual variation as sauropods, 1:35 and 1:40 are pretty much indistinguishable.

May I borrow this quote?

bmathison1972

Out of curiosity, are the figures in these lists actually calculated at 1:35 or advertised as such? I've noticed 1:35 is a 'default' marketing label for Chinese-based companies (Haolonggood, PNSO, TNG), when often the figures are not actually at that scale. Just curious. I am not scale-conscious, but for those who are, I wonder if they use actual calculations as their criteria?

Halichoeres

Quote from: bmathison1972 on December 01, 2023, 02:50:58 PMOut of curiosity, are the figures in these lists actually calculated at 1:35 or advertised as such? I've noticed 1:35 is a 'default' marketing label for Chinese-based companies (Haolonggood, PNSO, TNG), when often the figures are not actually at that scale. Just curious. I am not scale-conscious, but for those who are, I wonder if they use actual calculations as their criteria?

Mine are actually calculated in-hand, but I can't speak for anyone else. But yeah, most of PNSO's are more like 1:30.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 01, 2023, 01:44:49 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on December 01, 2023, 12:24:47 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2023, 11:17:34 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres Eofauna's sauropods are made at 1:40 scale.

Right, so is Safari's Camarasaurus. But for animals with as much individual variation as sauropods, 1:35 and 1:40 are pretty much indistinguishable.

May I borrow this quote?

Sure, why not?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.