News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I have a question about Papo

Started by IHogaRok, January 05, 2013, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHogaRok

I have a question about Papo. I have seen comments by people that say that Papo has very detailed figures, however the figures aren't always accurate to the actual dinosaurs. I only just ordered my first Papo dinosaur recently, and I haven't gotten it yet. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what is inaccurate about the Papo figures.

Maybe someone could just tell me what they think about Papo Dino's before I consider buying anymore.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: IHogaRok on January 05, 2013, 11:17:41 PM
I have a question about Papo. I have seen comments by people that say that Papo has very detailed figures, however the figures aren't always accurate to the actual dinosaurs. I only just ordered my first Papo dinosaur recently, and I haven't gotten it yet. So I was wondering if someone could tell me what is inaccurate about the Papo figures.

Maybe someone could just tell me what they think about Papo Dino's before I consider buying anymore.

All of the Papo dinosaurs have been reviewed on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, where they have been scrutinised for accuracy and praised for detail. See: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/dinosaur-toy-collectors-guide/papo/

IHogaRok

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 05, 2013, 11:22:57 PM

All of the Papo dinosaurs have been reviewed on the Dinosaur Toy Blog, where they have been scrutinised for accuracy and praised for detail. See: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/dinosaur-toy-collectors-guide/papo/

Thank you Mr. DTF. This has proven to be very helpful. :)

Gwangi

Basically most of them rip-off pop-culture representations of dinosaurs, particularly JP. Some are better than others like the Allosaurus and Styracosaurus. Some are just terrible like the Plesiosaurus and Oviraptor. All of them however are highly detailed and well made.

tanystropheus

Papo figures are generally more accurate than Schleich and CollectA (pre-2011), but are less accurate (anatomically) than the Wild Safari and Kinto-Favorite counterparts . Wild Safari figures tend to suffer from over-sized feet at times. Papo figures are aesthetically superior to all mass market produced dinosaur lines but tend to suffer from idiosyncratic inaccuracies.

Takama

just think of Papo as Hollywood style Dinosaurs.     They look Cool, but should not be taken seriously

tanystropheus

The Papo Pachyrhinosaurus and the Papo Styracosaurus are very accurate.  And judging from the early pictures, it seems that the 2013 Dimetrodon and the Carnotaurus might also be accurate.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.