News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Chinese & Japanese novelties - New for 2024 (various companies)

Started by Halichoeres, December 30, 2023, 03:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Quote from: Faelrin on May 25, 2024, 05:35:43 PMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy Any idea on what the others are?

Things I'm not sure about I've marked "?"

a. Nautiloid 鸚鵡螺
b. Jellyfish 水母
c. Drepanaspis 鐮甲魚
d. Arctodus 短面熊 ?
e. American Lion 美洲擬獅 ?
f. "Ice Age Rat" (generic) 冰河鼠
g. "Ice Age Turtle" (literal translation) - Glyptodont 冰河龜
h. Stegodon 劍齒象
i. Coelodonta 披毛犀
j. "Ice Age Ox" (literal translation) - Muskox 冰河牛
k. Mammuthus 猛獁象

SBell

Quote from: JimoAi on May 25, 2024, 01:05:09 PMFrom wenno.

Nothing special since their toys are basically cheaply made stuff sold at premium prices but the placoderm is interesting

How can we get these? Some are just weird enough to be intriguing!

crazy8wizard

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on May 25, 2024, 07:41:05 PMIs this a game where you have a park of obscure sea animals and make them fight to get points? I think i used to play it.

As far as I can tell, yeah.

JimoAi

Quote from: SBell on May 26, 2024, 04:38:35 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on May 25, 2024, 01:05:09 PMFrom wenno.

Nothing special since their toys are basically cheaply made stuff sold at premium prices but the placoderm is interesting

How can we get these? Some are just weird enough to be intriguing!

I think theyre mostly sold in china

Halichoeres

Thanks for the translations, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy! I will definitely be looking for a way to get hold of the Drepanaspis.

In other news, these figures are on the way from Fujimi. They're from a movie called Crayon Shin-Chan: Our Dinosaur Diary, and the designs are straight out of the 1980s.

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Prehistory Resurrection

I've seen images of these figures by Fujimi on the internet quite some time before. These figures are straight up Jurassic Park inspired.
That Raptor figure looks so good and one of the best I've seen.

Halichoeres

These guys seem to be out now:

Dunkleosteus
megalodon
Livyatan
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Halichoeres

A couple of whimsical releases from Qualia:

Daisuke Kondo "Burakiosaurusu" Brachiosaurus

Stegosaurus food

suchomimus

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 23, 2024, 03:16:26 PMStegosaurus food

This concept is so cute and creative!

The name of this line is "rai-su-te-go-sa-u-ru-su", i.e. a combination of "rice" and "stegosaurus", hence the rice dishes.

If anyone's interested, the dishes are

Top:
Japanese omelette rice/omurice - omuraisu

Bottom row from left:
Kids meal rice - okosamaraisu
Thai stir fried basil rice (aka Phat Kaphrao) - kapaoraisu
Japanese curry rice - kare-raisu
Nagasaki's toruko rice - torukoraisu

Halichoeres

Thanks for the explanation and translation! They are definitely adorable.

Faelrin

No idea if these are new for this year, but this review (in Japanese) is new, and there's a few things of interest in it, like some translucent critters, and a Metoposaurus. The Anomalocaris are really goofy looking (but I still like how they look). From De Agostini:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

BlueKrono

Weird that the Cymbospondylus art depicts no dorsal fin, but the figure has one.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.