News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

X-Plus & Star Ace - New for 2024

Started by Halichoeres, January 29, 2024, 03:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Another entry in the Wonders of the Wild series, Oviraptor:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Noticed him a few days ago on the Starace site, it's..ok?  The arms are still incorrectly feathered though right?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2024, 04:06:57 AMNoticed him a few days ago on the Starace site, it's..ok?  The arms are still incorrectly feathered though right?

Yeah, definitely. They're all attached at the wrist, but the attachments should extend along the second finger as in Safari's Citipati and Anzu.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Ikessauro

That is a model I'd like to have. But isn't this that line with quite expensive models?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Ikessauro on February 04, 2024, 10:10:35 PMThat is a model I'd like to have. But isn't this that line with quite expensive models?

Yeah, they're pretty pricey. This one is on Big Bad Toy Store for $270. I only have the Dunkleosteus and Spinosaurus, both of which I bought for the fishes on their bases.

Blade-of-the-Moon

You could wait and see if it goes on sale? Seems a few of these have.

Halichoeres

Loosely based on a dinosaur:

Jurassic World Blue and Beta 1:8 plastic model kit, comes unpainted

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's nice, but a model kit.  I'm still waiting on my Iron Studios Blue and Beta..may have to cancel them too..

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 08:54:25 PMIt's nice, but a model kit.  I'm still waiting on my Iron Studios Blue and Beta..may have to cancel them too..

Thanks, I didn't even notice!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 19, 2024, 12:15:54 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 16, 2024, 08:54:25 PMIt's nice, but a model kit.  I'm still waiting on my Iron Studios Blue and Beta..may have to cancel them too..

Thanks, I didn't even notice!

X-Plus has been releasing a lot of model kits, nice model kits to be sure, I just haven't a ton of time. Most of my kits are a back log of about a year already.

dragon53

Halichoeres

The blue-green eggs are a nice touch, in light of the pigments found in preserved Heyuannia eggs suggesting similar coloration.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.