News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

EoFauna - Hyperrealistic proboscidean figurines 1:48 scale

Started by Mammuthus, December 27, 2012, 12:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

radman

These look absolutely lovely.  Still. at ~ $250-265 a pop, not exactly priced to move.  Of course, if I win the lottery this   next year, I'll get the whole set.  Two questions - are they attached to the base, and are they approximately the size of the recent Safari mammoth (with the raised trunk)?  I'll start saving my nickels for the Deinotherium, but it may take a while...
^-^

Mammuthus

Hi! 

Yes , they are attached (you can try to take off under your responsibility). About the size, depending the proboscidean, our M. meridionalis for example, is la bit larger than Safari Mammoth.

postsaurischian

:o Oh no! I shouldn't have opened that page!
The Elephantids are simply AWESOME and the announcement from the first post is right: (As a set) they ARE the best on the market (yet ;D)!
                 .................. Should I write about the price? No I don't.

Seeing at least 6 must-have models in this series for that amount of money ..... I quit ....... crying :'( :'(.

And as if it weren't enough I had a look at the other things you're offering (I am so foolish ::)) and saw the (perfect!) Guanlong skull 1:1 cast for USD 1.300,- :o :o :o :'( :'( :'(. What have I done to receive such pain from you?

Don't get me wrong!  Again: Absolutely stunning work! I love it!
It's just that there is no way I can afford it. You can buy excellent electric guitars for 1.300 bucks nowadays. I'm afraid I can't cross that line for the Dinosaur hobby :(.

But having seen the skull replica will not only leave me crying :'(, it'll let me find no sleep tonight!!

Mammuthus

Thanks for your post postsaurischian!

Don't worry, the way you make your comments is very funny :)). We offer the highest quality and scientific rigor in our products, most of we make is focused for museums, the replicas for example aren't expensive, check other ones: http://www.dinocasts.com/prod_catalog.asp?Label=Skull&query=SELECT%20*%20FROM%20queryProductAndPrice%20WHERE%201=1%20%20AND%20Sale%20ORDER%20BY%20tblProducts.ProductId%20DESC

Most of our replicas species can only find in our website, practically all companies used to reproduce only "famous" dinosaurs.

I'm sorry, hope you can sleep  ;). Probably I shouldn't tell you this, but take a look to our Gualong illustration ::) http://eofauna.com/en/ilustracion/guanlong-wucaii

Himmapaan

I agree with Dan and the team behind these absolutely stunning models, for what it's worth (not much, I'm aware).

No, I'm afraid I'm unable to afford them either. But I do not see their cost as unreasonable in the least, given what they are and taking everything about their creation into consideration.

Jodee

I actually inquired about these on the Website because they are absolutely stunning sculpts but unfortunately out of my price point range as a hobbyist.  Having commissioned a 1/48 scale sculpt myself I think there is a market for the small scale collector.  I am just not sure if this avenue reaches enough people.  I am not sure collectors are willing to shoulder the cost of the inherent value ascribed to research etc, considering you can get pretty large like accurate sculpts from other artists.  That inherent value needs to be the differentiation point to make these marketable.  Maybe if research documentation accompanied the product I could see the value there.  Anyways beautiful work and I hope they move them.

Jodee

s.foulkes

to Mountian ,I have viewed these items and would love to own them too. and thank you Simon for your comments , i will have to say that the comparisons made on above post regarding the likes of Krentz and Shapeways is that the detail on most of the shapeways items is just a sandpaper finish with a suggested form ,nothing like this high end art. The Krentz kits are Digital done and just as detailed as the elephant funa here  but he offers them as kits not finished display peices and thats the differnece you see when comparing prices. The Krentz rex i own and its amazing , and its about 100$,  now if i sat a hand painted one and custom made a base like that of the elephant funa too, then i would charge 100 plus for the painting and base for my time on each one. People are so used to getting "toys" and forget that this is not some cheap plastic figure mass produced with tacky seamlines and words printed on the models belly, then painted like a 5 year old did it, these are photo real works of art individully crafted. I see it from a producers stand point and for me to spend that much time cleaning each casting ,painting to that level of detail then mounting and gluing to the custom base then packing them for delivery, all this for 100 to 150$ of labor (on top of the 100 for the resin model )and i would tell you your nuts no way. A person cant do that on each one for beer money. these companies would close and we would never have them to look at in the first place. Fine art unfortunately has lost its respect over the years, im doing my best to bring it back and so are these folks. Yes i agree for the size ,even finished they are pricey and no i may not buy them each at that price as i dont have that much to spend on sculpts of that size but some do. All im saying is that yes its alot of money but when you see what goes into them and understand it from a production cost standpoint then yes it makes sense. Its hard to sell refrigerators to an Eskimo and its hard to sell finished works of laborish art to the average collectors like us, we wish we could afford to pay these prices and the artist who make them derseves every penny but we just cant swing it. frustrating deal.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

s.foulkes

Oh and let me suggest if i may please offer these as unfinished models so the likes of us small time collectors can help support you and keep you in business by offering these wonderful sculpts this way. I know i would jump on them if they were in the 100 to 125 price range ,and thats with no base too. Ive been doing Dinosaur sculpts for 18 years now and i can assure you my word that you will sell much much more doing this. let us know please. my best and happy 2013. Off my soap box now.
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Mountain

To Shane, I 'm your fans since 18 years before till now.  I like your work very much.  I have some of them too.  Thank you for your encourage.  We try to do our best, but the cost just can't easy come down.  I have to apologize to those people who loves our works and don't have enough budget.  I really hope someday everything could be cheap and easy to get.  There is a long way.  Anyway, thank you very much.  Please add me"[email protected]" as your FB's friend.

Mammuthus

Hi!

Soon kit models will be available for about the half of the painted models price. I have to say that the paint work of Mountain is outstanding, he makes the figurines look real the in small scale.

Anyway, you have to know that these proboscidean sculptures, especially extinct ones, are the only accurate models on the market. They are based on rigorous skeletal reconstruction, no else do this. Other prehistoric proboscidean sculptures that you can find over there, are more fantasy than anything scientific.

sauroid

they look like they're alive. very beautiful.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

mammoth

Quote from: Mammuthus on January 09, 2013, 10:11:13 AM
Hi!

Soon kit models will be available for about the half of the painted models price. I have to say that the paint work of Mountain is outstanding, he makes the figurines look real the in small scale.

Anyway, you have to know that these proboscidean sculptures, especially extinct ones, are the only accurate models on the market. They are based on rigorous skeletal reconstruction, no else do this. Other prehistoric proboscidean sculptures that you can find over there, are more fantasy than anything scientific.

Mammuthus, I love all the models from EoFauna, the anatomy and sculpting on all the proboscideans is outstanding really the best I've ever seen.

You mentioned a cheaper model kit version would be available soon, do you have an estimated date? 
I would very much like to purchase some model kits and paint them myself........though Mountain does an AMAZING job at painting! 
I'm sure a lot of us here on the forum would love to get our hands on these kits.

Mountain

That's true to paint by yourself could get a lots of fun.
Then you could say that I paint it by myself. 
So cool.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.