News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD

Started by SpartanSquat, September 14, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Most of you have played this veteran saga of hunting dinosaurs. Well Tatem Games have released this week and HD remake. And this is no a cheap HD port. Its a true remake in 3D like Halo Anniversary or Half Life Source.
The game by now you have 9 species of dinosaurs (6 are huntable and 3 are npc ambient)
-Ankylosaurus
-Stegosaurus
-Parasaurolophus
-Triceratops
-Ceratosaurus
-Tyrannosaurus

The other 3 npc
-Pelecanimimus
-Gallimimus
-Pteranodon

They also planned more dinosaurs, maps and weapons for the future.

The game by now its exclusive to PS3, but they confirmed a PC version. The game is out in North America. Probably the next month will be the European Store.
You can see the website: http://www.carnivoreshd.com/home.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6TRA6_Kwyk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNN77l5b50U

Its my idea or we are having a second golden dinosaur age? I mean: Carnivores HD, Jurassic World, Walking with Dinosaurs, The Good Dinosaur, Primal Carnage, Genesis, Turok (Sony bought the rights) and Godzilla (I dont know if this is a dinosaur film or kaiju film)

Takama

Cool a new Dinosaur game I must buy for my PS3

SpartanSquat

At least you can dude. If you bought it, please give me your impressions.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

ChrisLikesDinos

Games a blast. I only wish it had more Dinosaurs & weapons. For roughly a $10 game that came out of nowhere I can't get over how decent it looks and how glitch free it is.

Takama

well I was going to buy this, but the card I had to use was trashed before I could use it. >:( >:(

Im very mad now that I lost 20 that was going to this game, but ill leave the details to myself ;)

SpartanSquat

Sorry dude :( I hope you could buy another in good conditions.

Takama

Great news. I managed to get the money off the card, and purchase the game! :)

Its great.  There is only three weapons in the game as apposed to the multiple weapons you had to choose from in the original.

You start off with a rifle, and you have to earn cash to purchase the other two weapons(they are Crossbow and Sniper Rifle)

The Dinosaurs are no longer limited to one per hunting session. instead you choose a map that has its own dinosaurs. The First One only has Stegosaurus and Ankylosaurus, along with the Galimimus that wonder around (though there a lot faster then they were in the original)

In order to get a dinosaur in your trophy room, you must buy a license for that particular dinosaur. otherwise you can only kill them for cash.

When you Trophy your dinosaurs you get trophy points, and these points can be used to access new levels.

The game also has you use a little computer device simply called the Gadget. It acts as a GPS, and has two built in meters that tell you if a dinosaur sees you or hears you. It also points to the direction were the Wind is blowing, so you know were your scent is flying, and rather or not the dinosaurs can smell you.

So far I only encountered Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, and Parasaurolophus.  The Stegos are easy. Just shoot them, and follow them, and shoot them again until they drop dead. The Ankylos are tougher, because of there obvious armor (I spent an entire session trying to take one down), but I discovered a secret. just aim for there buts, which seems to do the most damage.  The Paras are a pain, because they run really fast, and I have yet to kill one.

The only NPC I encountered is the Galimimus, and they are still featherless (something I figured that they would update on)

SpartanSquat

Thanks for the impressions Takama!
New video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ilg6fCMAA
Also in the last video in commentaries, the creators said this.
Yes, we have plans for DLCs with new maps and dinosaurs.
Versions for mobile platforms were developed by a different company, btw.

Also Im hoping to have new weapons like Shotguns and dinosaurs like Utahraptor or Spinosaurus

SpartanSquat

Takama

Made it to a level with Ceratosaurus in it.   They are a pain to deal with.

any shot from your gun will alert them, and have them coming toward you to kill.

I scored a two star kill on an Ankylosaur. I would have got it as a trophy if the Darn Carnivore did not come rushing in to eat me >:(

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Gorgonzola

Oh man, this game takes me back to when I was a kid...I remember the carnivores being pretty much death murder machines, whereby using the "duck call" for their particular species would just result in you being tackled from behind because these dinosaurs HATE YOU.

I also remember downing my first T. rex through sheer luck because the only weak point on them was their beady, beady eyes.  No way I would have possibly gotten it except through sheer dumb luck.

Hope this hits PC soon, I'd definitely plunk down some money for it.
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

SpartanSquat

Dont worry Gorgonzola. The team also confirmed a PC version that will be release later this year.

SpartanSquat

More videos and information for European release!
Good news regarding European release!

We have recently received PEGI 12+ rating and SCEE is currently testing EU version of the game. If everything is fine and the game passes QA, Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD will be available in Europe in a few weeks. It will include 1.01 update.

Hopefully, the update for American version will be released roughly at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bkzVbcJneQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg3AY_4wzGI

SpartanSquat

Good news European Hunters!
We just got a confirmation from SCEE that Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter HD is going to be available in PSN Store in Europe on December, 18th! Naturally, this version will include all fixes and improvements of the update (change list can be found here: http://carnivoreshd.com/content/news.html#update1).

Unfortunately, we are still waiting for a release date for the patch in Americas. Will let you know as soon as we have a reply from SCEA.

A good game to spend in christmas!
Happy Hunting!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.