You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A Freak Of Nature... Velociraptor/Hadrosaur?!

Started by scallenger, June 03, 2013, 04:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scallenger

I now present to you one of the most bizzare toy screwups I've seen with my own eyes. Apparently, the following toy came from Dollar Tree a few years back, given to me by one of my coworkers, along with other random things, in an attempt to make me feel better after a hard breakup. Well... once I saw THIS thing... my mood certainly did go from depressed to humorously shocked! It's better just to see IT for yourself:

What the hell are you?! A Velociraptor? A Hadrosaur? What?!

No... I'm still confused.

Those dainty arms... with those KILLER CLAW legs...

That DUCKBILL head...

WHAT ARE YOU?!

Well... according to the underbelly of IT... this creature is a "Velociraptors". And yes, that "s" was included. Despite what the toy says it is, what would YOU call this... thing?

Enjoy!
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Ikessauro

That really is a weird one, I've got it too. Always thought about how messed up this guy was. :P

CityRaptor

Either it is another Mix and Match Dinosaur or the Dinosaur version of a mythological creature.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Hahaha pretty funny...but then again you find loads of bizarre stuff like that in chinasaurs.

Why would a hadrosaur need a sickle claw???

CityRaptor

To defend itself against predatory Dinosaurs and gigantic Crocs?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 03, 2013, 09:35:22 AM
To defend itself against predatory Dinosaurs and gigantic Crocs?
The claw would sooner snap off than cause any significant harm to a prehistoric crocodile.

scallenger

I'm just surprised how well it all flows together! If people weren't like us and didn't know dinosaurs at all, it wouldn't look like an anomaly at all. A lot of times with these mistakes it looks obvious, like things are out of proportion, the body doesn't connect right, etc. But not this one, haha. I mean it stands like that perfectly.
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

comandantedavid

It's clearly a relative of Iguanodon that has spikes on the big toes instead of the thumbs!

Roselaar

It seems the Chaos Effect idea isn't no longer limited to JP figures.

Takama

Aw this thing.  I had one as a kid. Got into a fight over it at school at the time

Gwangi

I had a thread about this thing over on the old version of the forum. Quite bizarre.

FUTABA

I really really like blue things.

Libraraptor

An ornithischian dromaeosaur, this is weird!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.