News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo prototypes

Started by Reptilia, April 14, 2017, 04:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reptilia

A few prototypes from Papo Korea's blog, picture credits go to Papo sculptor Mr Seo.

http://blog.naver.com/eurofd

pako

Hey, do you have the link of the article on the blog please ? Can't read korean...

Thanks

acro-man

Pics are somehow dead for me.
But knowing a Korean sculptor is behind all these miracles is really a surprise.
BTW, I too can't read Korean :-\
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

didusineptus

Translation:

Hi, it's Papo Korea.
Before leaving the country on 10th November, Seo Jeong Un, Papo's sculptor, had a little job for you. If any of you dinosaur lovers want Papo to make anything specific, please give us your comments. We'll have a vote, and the most popular dinosaur I will personally research and pass on to Mr Seo. Mr Seo is quite happy to consider anything that lots of you want produced.
I have tried to have a go myself and choose something, but as there isn't much material [in Korea], it doesn't look like it'll be that easy.
I've thought about South Korean dinosaurs...(yes, I know - it's an impossible task)...
1. Koreanosaurus: discovered in South Korea and named in 2010. The first part of this dinosaur was found by the Korean Dinosaur Research Centre excavation team in May, 2003, at the Pibongni fossil egg site in Poseongun in Chollanam province. The length of the full animal was around 2.4m and the length of the lower leg bone and the femur are roughly similar, so it would have mostly walked on all fours, but it's also estimated that it could walk bipedally sometimes too.

CrypticPrism

We.....get to suggest papo figures?

*slams button down on feathered T. rex
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I need a new Spinosaurus figure!!! ^-^

didusineptus

2. Koreaceratops
[Both descriptions are taken straight from Wikipedia]

If Papo International releases another dinosaur, maybe it'll be a dinosaur discovered in Korea!

For the rest of you, which dinosaur would you like to see Papo make?
The tally so far:

'Ichi' [I don't know what this means]  - 2 votes
Ceratosaurus - 4 votes
Therizinosaurus - 7 votes
Deinocheirus - 3 votes
Amargasaurus - 2 votes
Giganotosaurus - 2 votes
Carcharodontosaurus - 1 vote

CrypticPrism

Can you put fluffy rex on le list please?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

didusineptus

Don't get too excited - just realized this is from 2015...

CrypticPrism

Oh.......... well I guess that explains ceratosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: didusineptus on April 14, 2017, 03:57:33 PM

'Ichi' [I don't know what this means]  - 2 votes

I think it probably means Yi qi?

Thanks for the translations!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mirroraptor

I am very curious about the sculptors of PAPO dinosaur and prehistoric line, How many sculptures and who are they? I'm noticed that 2016's Kaprosuchus looks like the Nile Croc sculptured by Terry Norton.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Mirroraptor on April 15, 2017, 11:06:15 AM
I am very curious about the sculptors of PAPO dinosaur and prehistoric line, How many sculptures and who are they? I'm noticed that 2016's Kaprosuchus looks like the Nile Croc sculptured by Terry Norton.

Most of them are sculpted by Seo Jung-woon, at least the dinosaurs and pterosaurs (and probably the Kaprosuchus--the style looks similar to me). The marine reptiles and mammals are by someone else, I think.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.