News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Daspletosaurus - CM Studio

Started by ataraxus, May 10, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool pattern ! The only thing I can think to add is to maybe bring your lighter color up to eye ? Maybe try to set it off more somehow ?

0onarcissisto0

Cool! I love picture 10, that's my favorite angle. I've always wanted to pick this kit up. The scale's just a bit too big for my current space lol
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

ZoPteryx

ataraxus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2013, 05:10:36 PM
Cool pattern ! The only thing I can think to add is to maybe bring your lighter color up to eye ? Maybe try to set it off more somehow ?

you mean there is not enough contrast?

jtn144

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on May 10, 2013, 09:46:54 PM

Yes, maybe a lighter color to make the darker toned eye more noticeable...just my two cents. :)

0onarcissisto0

I do agree with Blade. That's what I would have done.
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

ataraxus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2013, 11:38:29 PM

Yes, maybe a lighter color to make the darker toned eye more noticeable...just my two cents. :)

or...lighter eyes. this is the more easier way. but its a good tip

Takama

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ataraxus on May 11, 2013, 04:39:44 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2013, 11:38:29 PM

or...lighter eyes. this is the more easier way. but its a good tip

Yeah lighter eyes would work as well..though that's usually harder and why I didn't mention it. lol ;D

Everything_Dinosaur

Great colouration, love the pose it really gives the impression of a dynamic animal and this replica for me, reinforces the idea that such a powerful creature, walked on its tip-toes (digitgrade stance).  The point about highlighting a bit more colour contrast around the eyes made in a previous comments makes sense, I can see their point, but apart from that I think the paint job is excellent.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.