News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Which long neck should I get?

Started by dinohunter24, August 20, 2013, 02:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinohunter24

Hey guys

I was wondering which of these dinosaur I should get?

Carnegie collection Diplodocus or Papo Brachiosaurus?  Also is the Papo Brachiosaurus the biggest and tallest long neck ever made?

Thanks

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 20, 2013, 02:19:53 AM
Hey guys

Carnegie collection Diplodocus or Papo Brachiosaurus?  Also is the Papo Brachiosaurus the biggest and tallest long neck ever made?

Thanks

I personally prefer the Carnegie Dipolodocus.

Are you asking whether the Papo Brachio is the biggest compared to other sauropod toys? It's not in that regard, because the Dino Riders Brontosaurus is bigger. And it certainly isn't the biggest replica ever made of a sauropod. It is far outsized by the Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus, or the Shane Foulkes Apatosaurus (which is over 6 foot long) :)

Goldensamuel

Hey guys

Thanks
They are both fairly good models, i think it's really whichever species/figure you like better.  :))

dinohunter24

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2013, 02:24:08 AM
Hey guys

Thanks

Are you asking whether the Papo Brachio is the biggest compared to other sauropod toys? It's not in that regard, because the Dino Riders Brontosaurus is bigger. And it certainly isn't the biggest replica ever made of a sauropod. It is far outsized by the Kaiyodo Brachiosaurus, or the Shane Foulkes Apatosaurus (which is over 6 foot long) :)

Thanks for the reply.  Is Papo Brachio the best Brachio ever made?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: dinohunter24 on August 20, 2013, 03:03:10 AM
Hey guys

Thanks

Well, I guess that's a hard question because the answer is subjective. In my opinion, no. I prefer Safari's Brachiosaurus (it's more accurate and I prefer the sculpting style a bit more) It's a good model, just not my cup of tea.

I believe the general consensus on the forum is that it's good. But I dunno if it could be called the "best ever". Because each individual must decide that for themselves. You might want to check this out, if you haven't already: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2012/12/11/brachiosaurus-papo/

Anyway, it shouldn't really matter what my opinion is. If you like it, get it :)

Takama

Hey guys

Thanks

It depends on what your looking for.   If you want the most scientifically accurate models, then no. in the end, its a matter of opinion. As TQ said, "each individual must decide for themselves" and "if you like it, get it"

As for it being the biggest long neck. I have to say no.  I assume your after models that you can buy on lets say Amazon, and as far as I know, the largest long neck dino on the current market is the Original Carnegie Brachiosaurus.

http://astore.amazon.com/dinoshop-20/images/B000Q0NHY0

There is also this thing, which is part of a series of large dinosaur figures

http://astore.amazon.com/dinoshop-20/images/B0048F515M

dinohunter24

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 20, 2013, 03:10:46 AM
Hey guys

Thanks

Well, I guess that's a hard question because the answer is subjective. In my opinion, no. I prefer Safari's Brachiosaurus (it's more accurate and I prefer the sculpting style a bit more) It's a good model, just not my cup of tea.

I believe the general consensus on the forum is that it's good. But I dunno if it could be called the "best ever". Because each individual must decide that for themselves. You might want to check this out, if you haven't already: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/2012/12/11/brachiosaurus-papo/

Anyway, it shouldn't really matter what my opinion is. If you like it, get it :)

What I mean when I meant if it the best looking Brachio is all about the design and how it look.  I don't consider if it Scientifically proven a big deal since Papo dinosaurs are like movie base.

Thanks

tanystropheus

The Papo Brachiosaurus is definitely worth checking out. You won't be disappointed. It's a majestic model, especially when viewed in person. It's also very large. The head depiction/expression is very representative of Jurassic Park films. From a scientific perspective, it is an oddball, considering the fact that the model gets a few anatomical features and nuances correct, while concurrently retaining aspects that are familiar to other retro 'long neck' figures. There's an excellent review of the Papo Brachiosaurus here at the Dinosaur Toy Blog as mentioned earlier by tyrantqueen.

dinohunter24

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 20, 2013, 02:01:41 PM
The Papo Brachiosaurus is definitely worth checking out. You won't be disappointed. It's a majestic model, especially when viewed in person. It's also very large. The head depiction/expression is very representative of Jurassic Park films. From a scientific perspective, it is an oddball, considering the fact that the model gets a few anatomical features and nuances correct, while concurrently retaining aspects that are familiar to other retro 'long neck' figures. There's an excellent review of the Papo Brachiosaurus here at the Dinosaur Toy Blog as mentioned earlier by tyrantqueen.

Thanks

I end up getting the other long neck since Papo Brachio price increase by a lot. 

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.