News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New European Abelisaurid

Started by Yutyrannus, December 14, 2013, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I guess every country needs one..lol

Yutyrannus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yutyrannus

Actually I think there easily could've been an American abelisaur :). Just a matter of waiting for it to be discovered (hopefully soon :)) ).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 15, 2013, 05:19:57 AM
Actually I think there easily could've been an American abelisaur :). Just a matter of waiting for it to be discovered (hopefully soon :)) ).

Agreed.  We have a South American one..so I'm sure it's possible one made it up this far in some form. 

Yutyrannus

Yup. I'm actually surprised one hasn't been discovered here already :o.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 15, 2013, 05:36:42 AM
Yup. I'm actually surprised one hasn't been discovered here already :o.

Maybe it was a mountainous species could be any number of reasons I suppose.

Yutyrannus

Very true. And by the way, considering how bizarre abelisaurids can get, just imagine how outlandish a North American species could have looked like ;). The imagination can really go wild (maybe I'll draw one some day).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 15, 2013, 06:01:11 AM
Very true. And by the way, considering how bizarre abelisaurids can get, just imagine how outlandish a North American species could have looked like ;). The imagination can really go wild (maybe I'll draw one some day).

That would be a neat idea !

Concavenator

It'd be awesome to have a sail backed abelisaur or a sail backed (like Ichthyovenator) feathered tyrannosaur,wouldn't it?  >:D

Megalania

the reason why abelisaurs are not found in North America is because the separation of the continents
thats the main reason and if some reached north america they would have competed with tiranosaurs
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Megalania on December 17, 2013, 08:33:31 PM
the reason why abelisaurs are not found in North America is because the separation of the continents
thats the main reason and if some reached north america they would have competed with tiranosaurs
Not exactly, tyrannosaurs didn't really start evolving into large predators until about 87 million years ago.

Megalania

Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 17, 2013, 09:40:00 PM
Not exactly, tyrannosaurs didn't really start evolving into large predators until about 87 million years ago.
oh i forgot thanks for the advice
;)
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Megalania on December 17, 2013, 11:39:40 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on December 17, 2013, 09:40:00 PM
oh i forgot thanks for the advice
;)
Your welcome :)!

TheAllosaur

I thought that there wouldn't be any more discovered outside of the Southern Hemisphere. Lots of neat discoveries this year!
Part-time genius!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.