News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Earliest Placental Mammal?

Started by Takama, May 16, 2014, 09:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Another news item I already knew about. Also, I hate the title! "Ancestor of humans lived with dinosaurs"? Yeah, and the ancestors of procupines and elephants and whales. Sorry, I am just appauled at the title. So misleading.

Takama

Yeah I knew that title would raise a few eyebrows

Paleogene Pals

Well, technically, even if the first placental mammal did appear in the Cenozoic, it and all of its descendent would still be 'living with dinosaurs.'

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on May 17, 2014, 03:13:55 AM
Well, technically, even if the first placental mammal did appear in the Cenozoic, it and all of its descendent would still be 'living with dinosaurs.'
That's not the problem with the title. It's "ancestor of humans" that's annoying.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Dinoguy2

Would be nice to have an actual fossil of a Mesozoic placental instead of just playing around with molecular clock calibrations... AFAIK the earliest definitive placental fossil is still Paleocene.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.