News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Suggestions for new 1:20 model kit?

Started by fabricious, May 14, 2014, 12:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabricious

Hey there, guys!

The title probably says it all: I am open for suggestions for the next dinosaur sculpture/model kit. What kinds of dinosaurs (and especially: in what pose) would you like to see? I still have a lot to learn about sculpting dinosaurs, so I'm curious to see what you guys might suggest.

Greetings,
Fabrizio

Paleogene Pals

I always wanted to see the more obscure ankylosaurs or Plateosaurus.  Not a dino, but a 1:20 Postosuchus would be cool as well.

Concavenator

tyrantqueen

amargasaurus cazaui

The market appears to focus almost entirely on the more well derived dinosaurs. More basal dinosaurs are usually overlooked or entirely ignored. I have often suggested dinosaurs like pegomastax, tianyulong, koreaceratops, hererrasaurus, and yes, I too would love to see a nicely done Plateosaurus.  Anything older and less derived than the commonly being churned out ceratopsians, duckbills, and so over-produced larger theropods from North America
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

darth daniel

Paleogene Pals

A good Plateosaurus in 1:20 scale would be bought by me.  I am lacking in the basal sauropodomorph department.

fabricious

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! It appears that we have a winner, for now, but please keep the suggestions coming! During the past days I always had a galloping ceratopsian in mind, maybe you guys have an idea of what genus/species might work well with that (I was thinking of running rhinoceros as an inspiration).

Greetings,
Fabrizio

darth daniel

Quote from: fabricious on May 15, 2014, 05:14:31 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions! It appears that we have a winner, for now, but please keep the suggestions coming! During the past days I always had a galloping ceratopsian in mind, maybe you guys have an idea of what genus/species might work well with that (I was thinking of running rhinoceros as an inspiration).

Greetings,
Fabrizio

I believe I read that ceratopsians were not able to gallop... Maybe my mind tricks me though. :)

Takama

It seems plateosaurus has won. Thogh I like to suggest a diffrent prosauropod beside the one that a lot of companeys had made.  Masospondylus

fabricious

I'll have to read up on the locomotion of ceratopsians, to be honest. For now, I can only relate to ecological niches and analogies to big, modern animals (e.g. rhinos) and how they run. It would be a bit strange for a group of animals that seemed to have been regularly preyed on not to be able to run properly in order to flee from predators. But, as I just said: just speculation on my side, if you happen to have good articles on hand about that topic, please throw them my way! I have a lot to make up for when it comes to dinosaur anatomy and behavior!

I have been looking at Messospondylus, but seeing it as Plateosaurus lived in what is now middle Europe, I can kind of relate to it a bit more than to its south-African cousin. I am thinking of focusing more on european dinosaurs, since the north american and chinese ones seem to get a lot of attention lately.

Libraraptor

How about some underrated species such as Tenontosaurus or Shantungosaurus, after all the biggest of the duckbills. Or something completely different, for example a Deinocheirus with the latest research results concerning the strange head?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.