News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Future of CollectA Brand in jeopardy(False Alarm)

Started by Takama, November 13, 2016, 10:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 07, 2017, 12:00:15 AM
Quote from: Neosodon on January 06, 2017, 02:11:55 AM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 05, 2017, 11:16:57 PM
Quote from: Neosodon on January 04, 2017, 09:13:06 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 04, 2017, 08:02:44 PM
^they are already more expensive to get in the US due to the online shop owners having to get them from overseas themselves. I hope the price doesnt increase even more.
Looks like Collecta was trying to find a distributor for the US market but Reeves was only interested in the horses and they figured thats better than nothing. Collecta is hard to find in major stores here due to Schleich,  Safari and Mojo already having rule over most of the major big name stores/craft shops here. :(
I always wondered why collecta models are so much cheaper in Australia. I really hope collecta gets a distributor in U.S soon. In fact most of the dinosaur models I see in stores are schleich. I don't know how a company like schleich can out compete a company like collecta but it really irritates me. >:(
they are? that would explain why Minizoo's prices are so good. The only US online shop that I know is still ordering new Collectas(2017) is Dejankins and the owner doesnt stock a lot from what Ive read. I dont know if any other US shop owners would really bother with all the trouble of "special" ordering when its easier for them to stock already available models like Schleich and Safari. Explains why Im seeing so many US eBay sellers that used to sell Collecta no longer carrying the 2017 lines. Sad. :(
What online store do you use? The dinosaur farm always gets the collecta new releases. That is were I got most of my dinosaurs. But it may take up to a year for them all to arrive.
Dejankins

I thought Dinosaur Farm wasnt carrying them anymore b/c I didn't see them stcoked on their site, same with Brown House Treasures on eBay. I hope you are right that its just that it takes them longer to get them in.
The dinosaur farm usually has about 1/4 of there models out of stock regardless of brand. You can order out of stock dinosaurs by phone and they will send them in like a month whenever they arrive last time I checked. The dinosaur farm currently has 165 collecta models on their site so I wouldn't worry.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

terrorchicken

oh I was wondering why so many of their models were out of stock too. I thought maybe they were going out of business. Thanks for the info! Hopefully they will continue to carry the 2017 Collecta lines.

Neosodon

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 07, 2017, 11:55:50 PM
oh I was wondering why so many of their models were out of stock too. I thought maybe they were going out of business. Thanks for the info! Hopefully they will continue to carry the 2017 Collecta lines.
No problem. The dinosaur farm was just as bad if not worse about keeping their models in stock 5 years ago. I'm sure they will get the new collecta releases this year too! :)

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

SBell

Well, I'm here to set everyone's mind at ease.

Or, whatever the not quite opposite of that is. At least in North America.

I finally heard back from Reeves. They outright said they do not have the prehistoric lines at the moment. So despite being told that they would order them for retailers...not sure what that might mean long term.

As for online stores like mine...they aren't 'accepting' new online store clients right now. Not sure if that means they have one, or what. But it won't exactly help CollectA finally make that big push into the mainstream.

Hopefully our friends outside the americas have a better time of it! I'm really hopeful that someone out there can do it, but I'm pretty much giving up on CollectA for now.

stargatedalek

That sounds a lot like "We're not actually distributing CollectA products, just selling a select few of them in our pre-existing stores and preventing other NA retailers from stocking them", almost like starving their competition into submission rather than competing with it.

Probably I'm wrong and they just haven't invested the resources into distributing yet.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Simon on January 07, 2017, 12:06:23 AM
Quote from: Neosodon on January 04, 2017, 09:13:06 PM

I always wondered why collecta models are so much cheaper in Australia. I really hope collecta gets a distributor in U.S soon. In fact most of the dinosaur models I see in stores are schleich. I don't know how a company like schleich can out compete a company like collecta but it really irritates me. >:(

Might have something to do with Australia's relatively closer proximity to the place of manufacture (China), hence lower shipping costs (?)  Just a guess...

I think that's almost certainly part of it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

If the shipping cost works out I might order from Australia or the UK.

terrorchicken

damn, that means Im gonna have to be very selective about what Collecta figures I buy b/c theyll be harder and more expensive to get. :(

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 11, 2017, 03:08:00 AM
I used to always order my CollectA from Korea, but recently I've switched to Minizoo.

SBell

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 11, 2017, 06:38:47 PM
I used to always order my CollectA from Korea, but recently I've switched to Minizoo.

I really like Jason there, I'll be happy to get the few things I want from him--and I am trying to get the Southlands figures into the store anyway!

sauroid

may i know that Korean source if it's alright? thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Quote from: sauroid on January 12, 2017, 09:10:59 AM
An eBay store forget the name of.

Fenestra

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 12, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: sauroid on January 12, 2017, 09:10:59 AM
An eBay store forget the name of.

Do you mean friendino78 on Ebay?
I have had good experiences with this seller as well.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.