News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Italian Magazine Premiums - Which Publisher?

Started by Blackdanter, August 03, 2014, 12:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

These obviously copied figures were issued as premiums with an Italian magazine some years back. I'm assuming that the publisher was someone like DeAgostini or Del Prado since the quality is pretty much on a par with Collecta figures of the time. They are also solid molded figures. Does anyone know who the actual publisher was and when they were issued?

SBell

Another round of different CollectA knock-offs? That's kind of funny, but I'm guessing the company won't be amused. Again.

Ikessauro

Really weird. Now, the question is, are they knock offs or some sort of bad looking variant licensed (doubt it) by Collecta for exclusive use in this magazine collection...

stoneage

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 03, 2014, 08:27:56 PM
Really weird. Now, the question is, are they knock offs or some sort of bad looking variant licensed (doubt it) by Collecta for exclusive use in this magazine collection...

Reminds me of the figures Salvat released with their magazines.

Takama

I will be honest. I like the look of the Eustreptospondylus and the Pachyrhinosaurus better then there official counter parts

stargatedalek

I guess it makes sense if CollectA was to do any sort of premium giveaway they would use lower quality versions
but I still think its bootlegs

Ikessauro

Quote from: stoneage on August 03, 2014, 09:16:10 PM
Quote from: Ikessauro on August 03, 2014, 08:27:56 PM

Reminds me of the figures Salvat released with their magazines.

The same kind of thing I would say. Salvat also copied lots of good models and sold them with their magazines; But while Salvat copied several companies, this one is copying just CollectA. :-\

Blackdanter

I'm pretty sure that these aren't knock off's as such. They are well produced and of similar quality to the figures they emulate. These are also a few years old now so I don't think Collecta have anything to worry about where these are concerned.

Mauro "Raptor86"

I thougt they were from here http://guide.supereva.it/collezionismo/interventi/2010/08/collezionare-dinosauri
But the latter seem to be true collecta models...

Edit: I think that they were CollectA knock-off made by this company http://www.eqsg.com/dettaglicliente.php?id=15&cliente=Hobby%20and%20Work for Hobby and Work publishing!

DC

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on August 04, 2014, 02:03:37 PM
the latter seem to be true collecta models...
Edit: I think that they were CollectA knock-off made by this company http://www.eqsg.com/dettaglicliente.php?id=15&cliente=Hobby%20and%20Work for Hobby and Work publishing!
These have been showing up in China for awhile and seem different from the pictures posted earlier on the thread.  From the pictures I have seen in China they may be hollow vinyl and larger than the CollectA.  the names are also changed the Shunosaurus is called Sesimosaurus etc. They have a sandbox toy feel.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

EmperorDinobot

Zoids are their own stand-alone toys which have nothing to do with Transformers or Beast Wars. Zoids are model kits that depict robot animals. They are mechanized mobile units that move with windup or battery power. Beast Wars are Transformers that change from animal to robot. Some Zoids don't move at all!

On second thought, why were Zoids and TF mentioned here? Lol...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 26, 2014, 01:58:25 PM
Zoids are their own stand-alone toys which have nothing to do with Transformers or Beast Wars. Zoids are model kits that depict robot animals. They are mechanized mobile units that move with windup or battery power. Beast Wars are Transformers that change from animal to robot. Some Zoids don't move at all!

On second thought, why were Zoids and TF mentioned here? Lol...

It was spam. now deleted.  C:-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.