News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

Quote from: Libraraptor on October 26, 2012, 01:33:20 PM
The post above reminds me of the "Dino toy weight competition" thread somewhere in the labyrinth of V.1 ;-)
I WILL go fot Papo Brachiosaurus, that´s for sure, because I really like it. Maybe Santa Claus loves me?!
Hey Stefan, actually I already thought about asking if you'd like to relaunch that thread over here! :) For those who don't know it: Here it is!

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

brontodocus

Aaaah, yes... ^-^ Finally.

I bought it a month ago but didn't find the time to take outside photographs until today. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

ZoPteryx

I really love that second shot, just replace the businessman with a fleeing Ornitholestes and it'd have my vote in the next diorama contest! :D

Seijun

I think what the second shot needs is the guy holding a leash going up to a cute little dog collar on the apatos neck.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brontodocus

Thanks, Zopteryx and Seijun! :)
Quote from: Zopteryx on November 21, 2012, 05:57:43 AM
I really love that second shot, just replace the businessman with a fleeing Ornitholestes and it'd have my vote in the next diorama contest! :D
When I took the photos I didn't notice the spider webs, though... I had to climb a few metres up a rock wall (no, not a fully vertical one, thankfully) near my home to make the photos - with that thing in one hand. Not easy to find a suitable place at the moment, normally we have beech forests everywhere and of course these are covered with fallen leaves which wouldn't look good.
Oh - and the businessman, that's actually the German national football team's goalkeeper's coach, Andreas Köpke. :)
Quote from: Seijun on November 21, 2012, 06:12:18 AM
I think what the second shot needs is the guy holding a leash going up to a cute little dog collar on the apatos neck.
Yes, but can he hold it? "No, he won't bite you. He just wants to step on you..." ;D

postsaurischian

:D :D  Paramount!
I do not covet you the awesome Apatosaurus (since I already have it), but your ability to take these pics. I do not dare to move the wonderful thing from where it is now :-[.

Jetoar

Amazing photographs friend. Sideshow dinosaurs are wonderful  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

brontodocus

Thanks Helge & Jetoar! :)
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 21, 2012, 08:09:17 AM
:D :D  Paramount!
I do not covet you the awesome Apatosaurus (since I already have it), but your ability to take these pics. I do not dare to move the wonderful thing from where it is now :-[ .
I fully understand that! I was really afraid I'd break something - one wrong step could have been enough. :-\ But I'm glad I took the model outside, nonetheless, there's not enough free space available at home to photograph it in front of an appropriate background. And currently we have just a few November days that are not rainy, which is rather unusual. ;D

brontodocus

Huh, I've been a little inactive here, recently... :-[ ;D
And I almost forgot to post this one, I received it shortly before Christmas:

Favorite Soft Model Tarbosaurus bataar from the exhibition "The Gobi: Cradle of the Most Enchanting Dinosaur Fossils", Osaka, Japan, designed by Hirokazu Tokugawa.

Many, many thanks again to Helge (postsaurischian)! :D

sauroid

that is such a beautiful Tarbosaurus figure. i hope to get one too someday.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jetoar

Very beatuful half feathered Tabosasurus  8).
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

All the huge theropods get manes nowadays. Can´t decide if I love or hate that. Nice figure, anyway!

Gwangi

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 02, 2013, 02:20:48 PM
All the huge theropods get manes nowadays. Can´t decide if I love or hate that. Nice figure, anyway!

I'm the same way. I appreciate the attempt to feather the animal but I feel like if you're going to give it feathers just go all out and do it.

IHogaRok

postsaurischian

:) He, he ... what a lovely Tarbosaurus.

..... :o Damn! Yours seems to stand better than mine >:( ;D!

brontodocus

Thanks, all! :)
Quote from: postsaurischian on January 02, 2013, 08:56:32 PM
:) He, he ... what a lovely Tarbosaurus.

..... :o Damn! Yours seems to stand better than mine >:( ;D !
Not perfect, but about as good as my old Favorite Soft Model Tyrannosaurus. :) Standing was already possible directly out of the package but a little hot water helped, too.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.