News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

brontodocus' collection

Started by brontodocus, March 13, 2012, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brontodocus

...continued from my old thread on the dtf v1 and if anyone still wants to see it:
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=collections&action=display&thread=2734&page=1

Some of my fossil replicas hanging in our corridor.

Schreiber-Bogen "Flugsaurier Pteranodon ingens" (=P. longiceps) cardboard model designed by Wanda Hansen, 1994. Length 325 mm, wing span approx. 1000 mm, scale approx. 1:5 - 1:7.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Thundercharge

You have an amazing collection, brontodocus!

I love those fossil replicas  :D

Click sig for my collection! :)

brontodocus

Quote from: Thundercharge on March 13, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
You have an amazing collection, brontodocus!

I love those fossil replicas  :D
Thanks, Thundercharge! :) Looking at it, I see there are still some square centimetres of free space on that wall. Hmmm, that needs to be changed! ;)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gwangi

Your wall puts some museums I've visited to shame. Great collection.

Himmapaan

mnemosaurus

That's quite an impressive wall! Museum style  :)

Also a nice spacious kitchen you've got there! 

Himmapaan

Quote from: mnemosaurus on March 13, 2012, 05:20:40 PM
Also a nice spacious kitchen you've got there!

I was wanting to remark on that, too.  ;D

brontodocus

Hehe, thanks Gwangi, mnemosaurus & Niroot! :)

Actually the kitchen seldom looks that spacious, even if it's some 18 square metres or so, but we live here with two kids and I'm not the only one who messes everything up all the time... ;D I guess I should post individual pictures of the fossil replicas, eventually, but I'd have to make newer photos, the ones I have are not much larger than a thumbnail.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Gwangi on March 13, 2012, 04:01:23 PM
Your wall puts some museums I've visited to shame. Great collection.
I agree! Fantastic fossils and other great stuff! ;)

sepp

Beautiful collection, I'm very envious ;D

brontodocus

Thanks so much, Zopteryx and sepp! :) We'll get an additional room to our flat in a few weeks and after all work is done I hope I can finally manage to display at least some of my figures, too.

brontodocus

Of course, no matter how crammed our flat may be - there's always room for the tiny Japanese figures. Here are my two Dinotales cabinets (glass doors removed for the photos) in our kitchen, 800*600 mm each:

Left cabinet:

From top to bottom: (shelves 1+2) Dinotales series 1.1 and 1.2; (shelf 3) series 2; (shelf 4) series 3; (shelf 5) series 4, am/pm set, and Wonder Figure Collection "Seismosaurus".

Right cabinet:

From top to bottom: (shelf 1) Dinotales series 5.1 and 5.2; (shelf 2) series 6.1 and 6.2; (shelf 3) series 7.1 and 7.2; (shelf 4) Dinosaur Expo 2002 Limited Edition, Jurassic Park Istitute Tour Limited Edition, Dinosaur Expo 2004 "Szechuanosaurus" and Chuanjiesaurus; (shelf 5) Dinosaur Expo 2005 Sue, Dinosaur Expo 2006 models, Kaiyodo / The Study Room models, Furuta ChocoEgg Animals of Japan Kitadaniryus

Individual photos of the Dinotales figures here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaiyodo-Dinotales-Reference-Galleries/149100965149683

Himmapaan

Dyscrasia

Always a pleasure to see your awesome collection!

postsaurischian

Here we are again - another Newbie!!!
Of course I love your little museum :D.
The Dinotales shelf is just something to be savoured!

brontodocus

Thanks all! :)
And - hurrah! - Helge's back! :D

Thundercharge

Your Dinotales cabinets are so cool.. I could probably just stand there for a while looking at them all  ;D

Great collection! :)

Click sig for my collection! :)

Lio99

Seijun

Where did you get those cabinets from?
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

brontodocus

Thanks all! :) The cabinets are ordinary, rather cheap ones bought at a home improvement store ("Praktiker") for €18.99 each. Not the best quality but the size is alright to accommodate the Dinotales.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: