News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Sideshow- new for 2015

Started by Manatee, October 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Patrx on September 10, 2015, 05:09:40 PMAlso, shouldn't those pterosaurs be quad-launching?
Quad-launching is something that would have been most comfortable for the animal, but I wouldn't assume it would be impossible for them to take off a lot more shakily by kicking in a panic. And of course who knows how it could go in a situation like this, perhaps it started flapping to stabilize itself if Ceratosaurus weight shifted the log.

My only beef with the pterosaurs is the pycnofibres, Sideshow seems to be going for a trend of extremely minimal pycnofibres.

postsaurischian

After having seen the new pics I'm impressed now.
Because of the costs I'm happy with every new Sideshow release I don't like.
But I'm afraid I will like this one :P ;D. [starts to put some money aside]

Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2015, 02:27:25 AM
....... how much you all want to bet that the Chinese Workers will screw up the paint on this one :-\

I don't like the "awful paintjob" discussion!
All of the seven Sideshow models I own have a very nice paintjob.
How many of yours don't?

Patrx

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2015, 07:55:42 PM
Quote from: Patrx on September 10, 2015, 05:09:40 PMAlso, shouldn't those pterosaurs be quad-launching?
Quad-launching is something that would have been most comfortable for the animal, but I wouldn't assume it would be impossible for them to take off a lot more shakily by kicking in a panic. And of course who knows how it could go in a situation like this, perhaps it started flapping to stabilize itself if Ceratosaurus weight shifted the log.

Good point! It is a snapshot in time; without context we can't really tell what the pterosaurs are doing (or trying to do). The one on the log does look like it might tumble to safety, rather than fly  :))

Quote from: stargatedalek on September 10, 2015, 07:55:42 PM
My only beef with the pterosaurs is the pycnofibres, Sideshow seems to be going for a trend of extremely minimal pycnofibres.

That's true - minimal bordering on nonexistant. Their Tupaxuara looks downright sickly, and these little fellas (rhamphorhynchoids?) don't seem to be faring much better. I do like their patterns, though.

Dobber

Well I decided to take the plunge and pre-order it. The payment plan was pretty manageable, especially since I redeemed points and payments won't start until March.  ;)

I just hope this one comes out nice. So far I've been pretty happy with the releases I've purchased so far:

1) Apatosaurus repaint
2) Allosaurus vs. Camarosaurus repaint
3) Tyrannosaurus Tyrant King

I admit I was hoping for a little better quality with the Rex though, but mine was still pretty nice.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Dobber

Blade did you get a Carno repaint? I've only seen pictures of a few and they were pretty bad. Curious if any came out well.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Die_Maulquappe

I repainted some messy massproduction parts of mine...
Missing paint and wetness on ears,nose,mouth...lingt colour correction.
Matt-gloss on ceratin parts...wet gloss on mucosa...
Missing blood on wounds ... like the sideshow masterpiece had

https://imgur.com/a/mUNniy7
Videos of my statues, figures and dioramas here:
TITANS_of_the_EARTH
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2QYASMKvj9McImqRk1MhCA

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.