News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

M

Sideshow- new for 2015

Started by Manatee, October 20, 2014, 09:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobber

Damn, that looks pretty darn good. So has the Triceratops release been a good one paint and QC wise?

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dyscrasia

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/sideshows-dinosauria-presents-ceratosaurus-statue

The price is $350, and will be released sometime in August-October next year.

If there is an exclusive, then I think it will be a skull.

Does anyone know what the pterosaurs are?

Takama

Holly Crap that's Awesome 8)

Though how much you all want to bet that the Chinese Workers will screw up the paint on this one :-\

SpartanSquat

I dont know why I only can say: WHAT A STATUE! WHAT A LOVELY STATUE!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think it looks great!

I would guess the pterosaurs are the exclusive version?

joossa

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Sideshow is the best !!! Jawdropping

Rathalosaurus

MADRE DE DIOS!!! This is awesome!! I am getting this for sure (If my parents let me...).
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

stargatedalek

They could be a Darwinopterus species, although they are normally reconstructed with tail crests.

*edit* If I'm right, perhaps the exclusive will be a male Darwinopterus ;)

MLMjp

Are you kidding???!!!!
it looks AMAZING GORGEUS INCREDIBLE
The firts picture we saw pales in comparioson with these
And the color looks less jp3 inspired now

triceratops83

My god, that Ceratosaurus is spectacular.

Quote from: Dobber on September 09, 2015, 10:48:14 PM
Damn, that looks pretty darn good. So has the Triceratops release been a good one paint and QC wise?

Chris

I have no problem with mine, the paint app in particular is quite nice.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Dobber

Wow! That does look good. Shouldn't it have some plate like armor though? Not as exaggerated as Rebor's but still there?

Chris

Patrx

Quote from: Dobber on September 10, 2015, 04:54:51 PM
Wow! That does look good. Shouldn't it have some plate like armor though? Not as exaggerated as Rebor's but still there?

Nah, the evidence just points to a single ridge of small osteoderms along the back, which appear to be represented here. The fungus/fish armour seen in REBOR's attempt isn't based on the fossilized osteoderms.

This is an impressive piece, it seems very accurate, and I actually like the colors. But, it still has that "vicious, aggressive" aspect that I found so unappealing about the latest Sideshow Tyrannosaurus. All that snarling and whatnot. At least it has lips!
EDIT: Also, shouldn't those pterosaurs be quad-launching?

KeU

Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2015, 02:27:25 AM
Though how much you all want to bet that the Chinese Workers will screw up the paint on this one :-\

Nothing really to do with the Chinese... QC is maintained by the company. In this case, it would be the US at fault.
Then again, you can't blame yourself. Has to be someone else.

Paleona

Wow, that's really impressive!  Very cool, active pose.

Dinomike

Wow! This statue is excellent!!!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Viking Spawn

Wow!  Excellent work Sideshow!  I almost wish I would have collected their products years go!  Had this been a PVC figure, I'd be all over it!   But since I have kids and pets, I'd be too afraid to own one!   :))

Regardless Sideshow...  WOW!  Just WOW!
:o

Dobber

Quote from: Patrx on September 10, 2015, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: Dobber on September 10, 2015, 04:54:51 PM

Nah, the evidence just points to a single ridge of small osteoderms along the back, which appear to be represented here. The fungus/fish armour seen in REBOR's attempt isn't based on the fossilized osteoderms.

Ok cool, thanks Patrx. Osteoderms, I couldn't remember the term thanks  ;)

So, I really want to pull the trigger on this one, BUT, the paint scheme is reminiscent of the Carnotaurus repaint that came out HORRIBLY. Just imagine this ones beautiful black stripes and spots coming out like big black blotches and zig-zags.  :-\

Chris

Halichoeres

Quote from: KeU on September 10, 2015, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: Takama on September 10, 2015, 02:27:25 AM

Nothing really to do with the Chinese... QC is maintained by the company. In this case, it would be the US at fault.
Then again, you can't blame yourself. Has to be someone else.

Boom.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: