News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Requests for Papo 2014: Step 3 (APATOSAURUS)

Started by anchry6, January 31, 2013, 11:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 03, 2013, 11:32:19 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on February 03, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
Important things to remember when making an Apatosaurus. :)

-  It's Apatosaurus, not "Brontosaurus"!!! ;)
-  The nostrils should be placed near the end of the snout, not between the eyes.
-  The teeth are peg-like and restricted to the front of the jaws.
-  The neck, legs, and body are very robust.
-  The neck was not particularly flexible and could not be put in an S-shaped "swan posture".

-  The front feet have only a single large "thumb claw".  The hind feet have only three claws.
-  The large vertebral spines would have formed a thick ridge, not a thin sail.
-  The tail is very long and whip-like.
-  Most of the scales should be small, interspaced with slighlty larger scales.
-  It was very long, at least 22 m (72 feet), which would be about 20 inches long in 1:40 scale (most of which is tail and neck).
-  The body is not particularly long.
-  Add lots of details like spines and a dewlap.
-  Coloration should be simple, with perhaps something a little more vibrant on the neck and tail.

This is very important since an S-shaped 'swan posture' could negatively impact the credibility and overall image of the model.

Not so fast.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Splonkadumpocus on February 04, 2013, 06:06:04 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on February 03, 2013, 11:32:19 PM
Quote from: Zopteryx on February 03, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
This is very important since an S-shaped 'swan posture' could negatively impact the credibility and overall image of the model.
Not so fast.
I totally understand, but I'm still going to recommend that Papo use a pose that is relatively neutral, just to be safe. ;)

anchry6

I'm looking for some expert or paleontologist who can write a few pages (with many pictures) on the work done and with the addition of some scientific results. Are there any volunteers?

:D

anchry6

Pachyrhinosaurus

And it looks like the sideshow piece and is posed like the Carnegie mount... I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not, that they were both posted here.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

TJ_Terrorsaur

I'm super excited for this guy and I'm hoping he comes out around my birthday. :D

Arul

Thank you papo  ;) a prove that papo is listening to the fans  :))

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ARUL on December 19, 2014, 04:27:10 AM
Thank you papo  ;) a prove that papo is listening to the fans  :))
Or just another coincidence.

Tyrant Lizard Queen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.