News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for Sinclair Dinoland Molds

Started by Gwangi, July 10, 2013, 08:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 31, 2015, 03:13:53 AM
Do you by chance ever bump into Paul Serreno there...he is quite high on a list I am working on

What kind of list? That sounds a little ominous, ha ha. He works a few miles down Lake Shore Drive at the University of Chicago and doesn't spend much time at the Field, but yeah, I see him at seminars more or less regularly. He's actually giving one two weeks from Thursday if any Chicagoland paleo-nerds are interested. He's probably one of the paleontologists I know least around here, though--I spend more time with the fish paleontologists at UChicago and the dinosaur and synapsid paleontologists at the Field.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 31, 2015, 04:36:27 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on March 31, 2015, 03:13:53 AM
Do you by chance ever bump into Paul Serreno there...he is quite high on a list I am working on

What kind of list? That sounds a little ominous, ha ha. He works a few miles down Lake Shore Drive at the University of Chicago and doesn't spend much time at the Field, but yeah, I see him at seminars more or less regularly. He's actually giving one two weeks from Thursday if any Chicagoland paleo-nerds are interested. He's probably one of the paleontologists I know least around here, though--I spend more time with the fish paleontologists at UChicago and the dinosaur and synapsid paleontologists at the Field.
I wish to have a Carnegie Psittacosaurus with his signature across it....and I have attempted to ask him on Facebook with no response. It is high on my list for things in my dinosaur collection for two reasons...first his graduational thesis was on Psittacosaurus, and second he both discovered and named the species I own myself. If you have any idea you can pull this off I could provide you a figure to work with and nice reward for it when accomplished provided you can provide a picture of him signing as proof. Serious offer.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

That's a unique approach to collecting! I will take my Carnegie Psittacosaurus to the seminar in a couple weeks and see if I get a chance--you can replace it if I'm successful (or did you want one of your custom pieces signed?). I can't make any promises, though.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 31, 2015, 01:44:23 PM
That's a unique approach to collecting! I will take my Carnegie Psittacosaurus to the seminar in a couple weeks and see if I get a chance--you can replace it if I'm successful (or did you want one of your custom pieces signed?). I can't make any promises, though.
I would prefer a simple stock factory version Carnegie psittacosaurus signed by him if I can get it. I know his graduating paper was Psittacosaurus, and that he also discovered the species of Psittacosaurus I own, so hes pretty high up on the list for me....if you pull it off, definitely make it worth your time promise!!!
  It may be unique but it also might be simpler than driving to Chicago and stalking him down for a signature !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Halichoeres

I only meant I didn't know people collected figures with signatures on them. Although I have a handful of books signed by their authors, which I suppose isn't that different. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes.

amargasaurus cazaui

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1938.msg49959#msg49959

Here is my thread on autographed figures if you happen to be curious.(just noticed in the first paragraph that even then I was trying to get some response from Sereno HA)Your comment makes perfect sense in that light....I haven't seen anyone else mention they are actively doing this . I have a few other figures out to other paleos, but I am always working on information, leads, or ideas what to get done next. I do think that a hobby slant that is one unique to yourself is a great way to go, as there are no crowds to fight for your items, no competition to build your collection, and you can more or less make it up as you go.
   People all collect for their own reasons and criteria. I just never was inspired by being the ninth person to open the same dinosaurs and picture that I bought them, as the eight guys before me. I am not rich enough to run with the big dogs, so I just got myself a different sled.

Halichoeres

That's a cool collecting angle. Now I kinda want to ask Sterling Nesbitt to sign my Arizonasaurus...

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 31, 2015, 11:06:55 PM
That's a cool collecting angle. Now I kinda want to ask Sterling Nesbitt to sign my Arizonasaurus...
Just a thought but you know life is short, and noone knows whats in the cards for us all really. I get the signatures while I can...like the song says...we may never pass this way again. I wish noone bad or ill health or luck along the way, but once someone is gone or lost, like Eli Kish most recently, we realize....I wish I had.....but then its too late. I can always purchase another Carnegie psittacosaurus unmarked and new, but ......
   And so my collecting goes. For me the answer is...if I can get them I will. Whenever the information presents and chances align for me. Sadly living in the middle of Kansas we seldom get paleo figures here with the exception of Michael Everhart, who was my first signed figure. I never really saw this collectiong coming actually, and originally took him the Tylosaurus to sign just by way of responding to a snarky comment he made.....sometimes things grow a life their own however.
   Sorry to compeltely derail your thread...and I will stop there. Thanks for the chance to speak about my request....feel free to message if you like/need..

Halichoeres

I posted a new thread offering these guys more broadly, with pictures:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3272.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.