News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Middle Earth Discussion Thread

Started by Yutyrannus, August 07, 2012, 06:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

nice score!  I drooled over the big one a lot..but just couldn't bring myself to jump on it.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 22, 2015, 12:05:18 AM
nice score!  I drooled over the big one a lot..but just couldn't bring myself to jump on it.
Thanks! I'll post some pictures later :).

Yeah, I don't know many people who are getting the large one, mainly because of the price (although also because it is so large, I know I don't have room for it). Despite being a limited edition, I doubt it will sell out anytime soon.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Blade-of-the-Moon

The old worm looks pretty good to me..I like how the gold is running off the base as well.

Yutyrannus

I was wondering now that the final film has been in theaters for quite a while now, what are everyone's favorite scenes in all six films?

Mine will always be this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmV7XRVNCpQ

Blade-of-the-Moon

I really like the Ent's are going war scene...I loved how nature was personified to take vengeance on what had wronged it.

Yutyrannus

Anyone who really likes the songs in Tolkien's books really needs to check out this channel :):
https://www.youtube.com/user/adelemcallister/videos

suspsy

The ents destroying Isengarde will always be my favourite scene. Those rotten orcs didn't stand a chance. I only wish there'd been some trolls on the scene---would've been cool to see the ents fighting them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Yutyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on April 20, 2015, 03:35:00 AM
The ents destroying Isengarde will always be my favourite scene. Those rotten orcs didn't stand a chance. I only wish there'd been some trolls on the scene---would've been cool to see the ents fighting them.
Indeed that would have been cool, and in that case the scene would need to be set at night which would probably make in even cooler.

Derek.McManus

I like the scene in the Two Towers when the boys and old men are being armed to defend Helms Deep. I also loved the start of fellowship when we see Hobbiton for the first time.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Derek.McManus on April 27, 2015, 08:05:33 PM
I like the scene in the Two Towers when the boys and old men are being armed to defend Helms Deep. I also loved the start of fellowship when we see Hobbiton for the first time.
Excellent choices :)!

Derek.McManus

The scene when Sean Bean as Boromir picks up the shards of Narsil and cuts himself always makes me smile, due to his exclaimation, 'Still sharp' which rightly or wrongly I have always regarded as a joking reference to his role as 'Sharpe' in the television drama of the same name based on Bernard Cornwell's excellent novels.

Paleogene Pals

What do we do when confronted by such hate? We ride out to meet it! Paraphrasing, but I always thought that was an awesome exchange just before the Battle of Helm's Deep, IIRC.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on April 28, 2015, 04:20:55 AM
What do we do when confronted by such hate? We ride out to meet it! Paraphrasing, but I always thought that was an awesome exchange just before the Battle of Helm's Deep, IIRC.
Agreed, excellent choice :)!

Now, I also have to ask, what are everyone's favorite parts of the soundtracks of all six films? My absolute favorites are without a doubt the Rohan theme and the Shire theme, but the Laketown theme and the theme for Dain (which was not actually used in the movie for some odd reason) are my next favorites.

Derek.McManus

Shire theme is a great one for sure! I loved the booming majesty of the Mines of Moria theme as the Fellowship run down the crumbling stairs!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Derek.McManus on April 28, 2015, 02:29:11 PM
Shire theme is a great one for sure! I loved the booming majesty of the Mines of Moria theme as the Fellowship run down the crumbling stairs!
Oh, those are indeed masterpieces, and the Dwarrowdelf theme in particular is one of my favorites :).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-tTBrmCEi0

And just in case anyone hasn't heard it (which wouldn't exactly surprise me, since it isn't in the film), here is the Dain theme I mentioned :):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms9NchkyGCc

Derek.McManus

:)thank you for sharing Dains theme it reminds me a little of Bear McCrearys work on Battlestar...must be the bagpipes!

triceratops83

I like Mordor's theme, particularly the track when Frodo and co come across Minas Morgul.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: triceratops83 on May 11, 2015, 02:31:16 PM
I like Mordor's theme, particularly the track when Frodo and co come across Minas Morgul.
That one is very cool as well, along with Smaug's theme :).

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.