News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Middle Earth Discussion Thread

Started by Yutyrannus, August 07, 2012, 06:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Is anyone else exited for The Hobbit part 1? It comes out on December 13!

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Blade-of-the-Moon

It looks good to me..can't wait to see Smaug !

I did hear they were making it into 3 films though..that give me some mixed feelings. Maybe it will focus on the battle at the end.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 09:28:37 AM

I did hear they were making it into 3 films though..that give me some mixed feelings. Maybe it will focus on the battle at the end.
I can't wait to see Smaug either! I think the extra part means that everything from the book will at least be able to fit in the movie, and there will probably be some extra parts.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Yutyrannus on August 08, 2012, 12:35:20 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2012, 09:28:37 AM

I can't wait to see Smaug either! I think the extra part means that everything from the book will at least be able to fit in the movie, and there will probably be some extra parts.

I think two films were fine to show the whole book, but Jackson kept adding scenes..I've heard a lot of the events that only mentioned in the book are now scenes in the film.

Roselaar

I'm definitely looking forward to this trilogy! Even though PJ has kinda mellowed a bit of late as a director.

It's true the Hobbit book proper wouldn't really yield material for three films, but they're taking a lot of stuff from the LotR appendices to make it stick to the existing LotR trilogy as best they can. Still, I doubt this will result in another three hugely epic masterpieces running 3 to 4 hours. I'm guessing three 2 hour movies instead. Still very welcome!  ^-^

Yutyrannus

My most recent The Hobbit aquisitions. Got them in the last few days.

Middle Earth Map

Radagast Staff by Weta Collectibles (This thing is awesome ;D)

Certificate of Authenticity for the Staff of Radagast ( I got edition 707 of 1000)

The staff glowing (if you put it up to the light the crystal concentrates it and glows)

I got the staff as a birthday present :).

Jetoar

Wonderful acquisitions  ^-^. The staff is very amazing   :o.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Yutyrannus

Jetoar

Quote from: Yutyrannus on November 18, 2013, 09:40:23 PM
Thanks, Jetoar!

You are welcome friends, I have some articles of LOTR  as Anduril and merchandising  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Victorsaurus

Coming from New Zealand it's sometimes hilarious how many tourists come in to the airport then walk out as if they've really landed in Middle Earth and now with James Cameron coming to live in New Zealand I'm half-expecting some sort of mass glut of tourists thinking that they're in Pandora.

Yutyrannus

So what does everyone think of Smaug?

Also, has anybody else seen this yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvr7DSEHcic

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 02, 2014, 05:42:50 PM

Yeah,last month I went to see it with some friends.The end leaves space for some doubts,which I hope to be cleared in the Hobbit 3  ;)
(Regarding Smaug) It's pretty cool,IMO.For some reason,when I saw it on the movie it quickly reminded me of the Papo "Tylosaurus"  :P  :o

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on March 02, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

Yeah,last month I went to see it with some friends.The end leaves space for some doubts,which I hope to be cleared in the Hobbit 3  ;)
(Regarding Smaug) It's pretty cool,IMO.For some reason,when I saw it on the movie it quickly reminded me of the Papo "Tylosaurus"  :P  :o
I know, I love the ending >:D
Yes, but way cooler ;D!

Concavenator

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 02, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 02, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

I know, I love the ending >:D
Yes, but way cooler ;D!
Sure!  :))

DinoToyForum

You know you don't have to always include the media in your quotes, you can edit them out.  C:-)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 02, 2014, 07:46:44 PM
You know you don't have to always include the media in your quotes, you can edit them out.  C:-)
Oops..I will next time. Anyway, what did you think of the movie?

Yutyrannus

I've changed this to be a thread for the discussion of all things Middle Earth :).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Yutyrannus on March 02, 2014, 07:51:50 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on March 02, 2014, 07:46:44 PM
Oops..I will next time. Anyway, what did you think of the movie?

Thanks!

Me? I thought it was average to boring! I haven't seen part 2. But then I don't like Lord of the Rings - fantasy just isn't my thing. :-X Only because you asked! ;)

ITdactyl

'Had a "Sherlock" binge before watching the movie... so the dialogue between Smaug and Bilbo really seemed like another Sherlock+Watson conversation. heh, on a side note, that dragon.... whew.... the perfect chimera (and no, I know he's not a chimera per se.  I just meant he's a perfect combination of different animal traits).

Funny how in the other forums, "fans" are angry at how Weta turned him into a "Wyvern" (2 "legs" and a pair of wings) instead of a typical hexapod dragon.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: ITdactyl on March 03, 2014, 03:41:44 AM
'Had a "Sherlock" binge before watching the movie... so the dialogue between Smaug and Bilbo really seemed like another Sherlock+Watson conversation. heh, on a side note, that dragon.... whew.... the perfect chimera (and no, I know he's not a chimera per se.  I just meant he's a perfect combination of different animal traits).

Funny how in the other forums, "fans" are angry at how Weta turned him into a "Wyvern" (2 "legs" and a pair of wings) instead of a typical hexapod dragon.
Yeah, I was a bit annoyed at first, but I knew one way or the other PJ would be able to make an awesome Smaug. And I was right ;D!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: