News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Adorable Giant Rubber Dinos

Started by Darko2300, April 23, 2012, 04:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

It's my day for eBay, huh? This time from Korean seller, a selection of amusingly awful giant rubber dinosaurs. They're really the kind of thing I would have absolutely LOVED as a kind - I mean HUGE! and AWESOME!  :o I almost want to buy one now anyways... (and having the little girl in the pictures cracks me up even more. I mean, it's the definition of 'adorable' and 'dinosaur' right there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-size-dinosaur-Alioramus-/320879852288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5edfb00

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Darko2300 on April 23, 2012, 04:30:32 AM
It's my day for eBay, huh? This time from Korean seller, a selection of amusingly awful giant rubber dinosaurs. They're really the kind of thing I would have absolutely LOVED as a kind - I mean HUGE! and AWESOME!  :o I almost want to buy one now anyways... (and having the little girl in the pictures cracks me up even more. I mean, it's the definition of 'adorable' and 'dinosaur' right there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-size-dinosaur-Alioramus-/320879852288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5edfb00

I saw these..they are kinda cool... ;D  I really like the marine reptiles ! ;)

ZoPteryx

Their pretty neat: big, posable, and nicely detailed.  I used to have what was probably an earlier version of that Alioramus (I thinl I got it at Disneyland!), only mine had a spikier head, different eyes, and was tan with dark spots.  Don't leave them in the sun though, their rubber skin starts to fall apart!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 24, 2012, 02:05:34 AM
Their pretty neat: big, posable, and nicely detailed.  I used to have what was probably an earlier version of that Alioramus (I thinl I got it at Disneyland!), only mine had a spikier head, different eyes, and was tan with dark spots.  Don't leave them in the sun though, their rubber skin starts to fall apart!

Ouch..yeah UV and latex don't mix well at all.. :/

Brontozaurus

I used to work at a shop that sold these. I liked the Carnotaurus one, but they were quite expensive and I probably wouldn't have space for them.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think Disney sold the Alioramus, Carnotaurus, some kind of pterosaur and a Styracosaurus..they still turn up on eBay from time to time. I bought the Alioramus one..it's the only figure  I have of that particular species.

Universal sells a similar Velociraptor and T-Rex in JP section of the park.

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 05:43:01 PM
I think Disney sold the Alioramus, Carnotaurus, some kind of pterosaur and a Styracosaurus..they still turn up on eBay from time to time. I bought the Alioramus one..it's the only figure  I have of that particular species.

Disney also sold a Velociraptor.  It was green with blue spots, had long head and neck, and a thick tail.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on April 25, 2012, 08:44:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 25, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Disney also sold a Velociraptor.  It was green with blue spots, had long head and neck, and a thick tail.

Cool..that explains the one I saw once before. :)

Does anyone have pics of the full set of these type of Dinos by Discovery ?  I know me and at least one other member has the Suchomimus. I always wanted the Allosaurus but I can't find it or pics anywhere anymore.

Tyrannosaurid lover

You must buy kener jurassic park Tytannosaurus, also knowed for RedRex. I have one is pure epic, is biggest than a sega T.rex, alsois verry soft, I like squash it LOL 8) and is badass
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

Takama

I think i have one of these big theropods.

my uncle found it in the middle of the street and looked like a dead animal.

the neck was bent, and it had a tear under its jaw. These things are filled with cotten BTW.

I managed to reposition the neck, but i still need to figure out how to heal its wound.

Ill post a picture of it soon

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on April 27, 2012, 05:07:58 AM
I think i have one of these big theropods.

my uncle found it in the middle of the street and looked like a dead animal.

the neck was bent, and it had a tear under its jaw. These things are filled with cotten BTW.

I managed to reposition the neck, but i still need to figure out how to heal its wound.

If it's a clean tear some glue will fix it up. If not you may need to re-coat the area with latex and see if that will work.

Ill post a picture of it soon

If it's a clean tear some glue will fix it up. If not you may need to re-coat the area with latex and see if that will work.

Takama

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.