News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Salutations from Seattle...

Started by quitewrongly, August 06, 2015, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quitewrongly

And to think my teacher in kindergarten thought that dinosaurs would just be a phase. HA!

OK, I've had an account and been lurking for years but... hi! I've been a fan for a LONG time now and I'm glad I'm not the only one. In my spare time I'm a photographer and when I got tired of working with overpriced models, I started photographing toy dinosaurs, which has been so much fun. Now I just need to learn how to paint the buggers and I should be set.

So yeah. Hi!

Giga-Noto-Saurus

Kayakasaurus

Hello and welcome! I live in Mount Vernon, not far north of Seattle. It's good to have another Washingtonian on this site!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Patrx

Welcome! I find that re-painting my dinosaurs adds a whole new dimension to the hobby, but I'm still not exactly good at it. As a good friend of mine once said, in order to be good at something, one has to be terrible at it for a long time! I'd recommend picking up some cheaper figures and just seeing what you can come up with :)  This tutorial might give you a good starting point. I hope Copper doesn't mind me sharing the link, evidently it's a little outdated.

Halichoeres

Welcome! Seattle's one of my favorite towns.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

quitewrongly

Quote from: Patrx on August 06, 2015, 07:37:46 PM
Welcome! I find that re-painting my dinosaurs adds a whole new dimension to the hobby, but I'm still not exactly good at it. As a good friend of mine once said, in order to be good at something, one has to be terrible at it for a long time! I'd recommend picking up some cheaper figures and just seeing what you can come up with :)  This tutorial might give you a good starting point. I hope Copper doesn't mind me sharing the link, evidently it's a little outdated.

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm always frustrated when I like the Papo model but the CollectA colors are great but it's too small and... yeah, time to play :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.