News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Greetings from Uruguay

Started by juancho142, July 13, 2015, 03:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juancho142

Hello everyone, I'm Juan, from Uruguay.
Always been a fan of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals since kid, to the point I ended up becoming a paleonthologist. Regarding modeling I remember always looking up to Tony McVey and David Krentz models on the PaleoArt website, I even once built a T rex which I never painted.
I find that there are a lot of models out there which are awesome and cheap now! So I'll get a few.
Cheers

Juan

Arul

Hi welcome to the forum detail of DK trex is really amazing right  :D

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Everything_Dinosaur

Welcome to the forum, not to sure about dinosaur fossils from Uruguay, please feel free to enlighten us.

juancho142

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 15, 2015, 05:59:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, not to sure about dinosaur fossils from Uruguay, please feel free to enlighten us.

Uruguay, in case someone doesn't know, is next to Argentina so we have all kinds of stuff.
However the fossil record has way more giant mammals than dinosaurs. We have the largest rodent in history which is the genus Josephoartigasia and all sorts of giant ground sloths and other huge mammals. Particularly my thesis was on the muscular reconstruction of the hindlimbs in Lestodon armatus, a mylodontid which almost rivaled Megatherium in size.

Dinosaurs we do have but the record is more limited. We have titanosaurian sauropods like Saltasaurus, Antarctosaurus, and there is a lot of fragmentary material like theropod teeth (ceratosauridae), eggs, footprints and more. I'm thinking of doing some research on the subject.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.