News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What Three Pterosaurs Should Safari LTD do?

Started by Takama, June 10, 2015, 09:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Three Pterosaurs Should Safari LTD do?

Anhanguera
9 (25.7%)
Dsungaripterus
14 (40%)
Geosternbergia(Pteranodon Sternbergi)
7 (20%)
Nyctosaurus
19 (54.3%)
Pteranodon
9 (25.7%)
Pterodactylus
9 (25.7%)
Pterodaustro
17 (48.6%)
other
6 (17.1%)
Quetzalcoatlus
9 (25.7%)
Caviramus
1 (2.9%)
Jeholopterus
2 (5.7%)
Ludodactylus
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Takama

Next to Ceratopsians, it seems to that Pterosaurs are the next most favorite thing they like to do. This is the poll to vote what ones you like to see

John

Any one of those choices would be nice to see,but since I could only choose three,I had to go with Pteranodon longiceps,Pterodactylus antiquus and Pterodaustro guinazui. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoLord

Takama

These were all of the Suggestions i dug up from the Suggestions thread. Anything else should be brought up in the other option.    Unless you want me to wipe the slate clean and add a few more options.

Manatee

I suggested Alanqa saharica as an "other" option, along with Nyctosaurus and Pterodaustro.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Manatee on June 11, 2015, 04:07:20 AM
I suggested Alanqa saharica as an "other" option, along with Nyctosaurus and Pterodaustro.

I chose the Dsungaripterus, pterodactylus and anhanguera. There is still no decent anhanguera.

Moreover, it is also interesting ptedodaustro and Nyctosaurus, although its preparation for the rarity of his head would be costly, but well held by me.

John

The "other" option is a great idea for all these polls.People are always coming up with good ideas for species that completely slips the rest of our minds. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

DinoLord

Quote from: Takama on June 10, 2015, 10:16:49 PMUnless you want me to wipe the slate clean and add a few more options.

I can edit on options to poll if you so wish.

Takama

DinoLord

I added a few more distinctive genera to the list; we'll see how they do!

Shonisaurus

You could add, for example gallodactylus the caulkicephalus ludodactylus or pterosaurs are pretty outrageous and typical of a horror movie. Illustration John Sibbick of gallodactylus speaks volumes for instance.

sauroid

i picked Pterodaustro, Nyctosaurus and Dsungaripterus.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: sauroid on June 11, 2015, 11:12:07 PM
i picked Pterodaustro, Nyctosaurus and Dsungaripterus.

That's exactly what I picked   :))

Arul

Bucklander

In the hope that this poll might actually influence the choice of future models, I chose three that have not yet been made (if one ignores kits and shapeways figures). Pterodaustro (Iknow, I know, it was at one point made by Tedco or someone. I've never seen one on ebay or anywhere else for sale, so, given it's rarity, I'll figure it's like the PV amphibians. There are legends of their existence, even photos (if you can bring yourself to believe these are not hoaxes created by some evil genius!), but I'm never going to own one(!), Nyctosaurus, and Caiuajara. This last has been found in abundance (many hundreds of specimens) so limiting errors of reconstruction, and it has a HEAD CREST SHAPED LIKE A BUTTERFLY! Need I say more?!!!

Takama

Bump

Voting will be Closed at the end of the year

EarthboundEiniosaurus

All of these would be awesome, but since I could only pick three I chose Dsungaripterus, Nyctosaurus, and Quetzalcoatlus. I know, I know, there are plenty of Quetzalcoatlus figures out there, but none of them really do it justice. MAKE BETTER AZHDARCHIDS! Also, Jeholopterus (or any Anurognathid, for that matter) would be cool to see.
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.