News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mysterious chinese company

Started by Leyster, June 05, 2021, 04:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leyster

Anybody hears of this guys? Expecialli avatar_acro-man @acro-man and V @vampiredesign , which are well versed in unknown chinese companies. Apparently they're called "Blue Planet". I fond a picture on Tieba Baidu.
http://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/75fe92ec08fa513d20d6a66c2a6d55fbb3fbd9f2.jpg
They're supposed to be Tyrannosaurus, Denversaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, Edmontosaurus. Denversaurus might be the first time it's represented.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

Carnoking

acro-man

No idea... sorry.

Today, there are more companies than we can catch up with...
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Lanthanotus

Denversaurus/Edmontonia would be neat, especially as PNSO let us down in that regard it seems.

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

MLMjp

Those silhouettes remind me of Saurian. ???

ITdactyl

Oooh, are they producing physical toys/figures of the Saurian game assets? That'd be nice.

Smilodon P.

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 06, 2021, 12:26:54 AM
Oooh, are they producing physical toys/figures of the Saurian game assets? That'd be nice.

They're just silhouettes, so you can't tell if they're based on Saurian or have some connection with the game.

(However, considering the current situation of the game reported by the developers, it wouldn't be strange if they had sold some of the 3D models to generate cash inflow).

Ikessauro

Quote from: Carnoking on June 05, 2021, 05:44:43 PM
Oh no.... not another line  :'(
Same here  ;D Sometimes I just wish for things to slow down. There's no way to keep up with all of it.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro it reminds of the Vsauce/Mindfield experiment conducted on choices. Some People were given a option of 2 candy flavors, while some were given many. Those with less options were actually more happy

Ikessauro

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 06, 2021, 01:31:42 AM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro it reminds of the Vsauce/Mindfield experiment conducted on choices. Some People were given a option of 2 candy flavors, while some were given many. Those with less options were actually more happy

That is exactly it. With so many companies insisting in making the same dinosaur species, it is quite difficult to decide on which one you should get. Completist collectors also can't keep up with the releases unless they are literally very wealthy. The problem gets even worse as companies now seem to be quite happy to release multiple color variants of each model. For me, it "dilutes" the uniqueness and importance of a model, when the market is inundated by several color schemes of the same piece.

A few years back, you had one model, one color scheme to decide on. It was simple and cheaper. You either get it or not. If you like the model but not the paint, you get it and repaint as you wish.

Now if you want to complete a set, you have to buy 4 copies of the same figure in four different colors released at the exact same time, for prices that are not cheap. I remember people in this forum complaining about Carnegie models being too expensive a few years back. The more expensive ones barely cost 30 dollars back then.

Now it seems normal for every new model to cost 70 to 100 bucks and have 3 plus color schemes available. Think of how many obscure species we could already have been made in toy form if companies didn't do repaints. Sorry for the small rant, I'm kinda grumpy today  :))

Stegotyranno420

That's why I am super worried about PNSO, Mesozoo, BoTM and Mesozoic life

All are good companies that are probably limited edition figures, good ones I will probably never be able to get.
The The Mesozoic life Spinosaurus is so amazing and the possibility of it might becoming my birthday present for this year is low, but there also other figures with lower quality but higher possibility and it all gets confusing and worrisome

I hope things get better my friend

SRF

But today, I'm just being father

Leyster

Quote from: SRF on June 06, 2021, 08:18:00 AM
Not so mysterious anymore.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9609.0
Well, I don't see much difference from what I wrote. Do anybody know how to contact these guys?

By the way, could a moderator unite the two discussions?
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Quote from: Ikessauro on June 06, 2021, 01:14:02 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on June 05, 2021, 05:44:43 PM
Oh no.... not another line  :'(
Same here  ;D Sometimes I just wish for things to slow down. There's no way to keep up with all of it.
Well, if they're not fabricated from relatively affordable PVC or something similar, that will solve the conundrum - they'll be unaffordable for most of us. Not likely a line to compete with Safari, CollectA, PNSO, etc.

vampiredesign

:)Oh, this is also a new studio of a friend. At present, there are many creative studios of dinosaur models in China.Many of them have created many new brands and many of their friends are making their own works. :)

sauroid

Quote from: vampiredesign on June 07, 2021, 02:09:06 AM
:)Oh, this is also a new studio of a friend. At present, there are many creative studios of dinosaur models in China.Many of them have created many new brands and many of their friends are making their own works. :)
hopefully a lot of them would make the figures out of PVC and not resin. thanks for the info. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.