News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repainted Safari Ltd. Stegosaurus with base

Started by earth108, August 19, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyto_Theropod

This is an amazing diorama, and what a difference to the model! I much prefer your colour scheme over the original and the execution is perfect, really bringing the model to life. Keep up the good work!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

postsaurischian

:D Really awesome! One of the best repaints that I've ever seen and an unbelievable upgrade for the figure.

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Dinomike

What a wonderful piece! Truly amazing! I own this figure but I never realized it's this detailed.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Silvanusaurus

Wow, it's amazing how much a truly naturalistic paint application can elevate such a figure - you've really brought it to life.

earth108

Quote from: Doug Watson on August 21, 2015, 03:08:17 PM
Very nice, the body colouring especially looks very natural.
Thank you very much for your comment Doug.  ^-^

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 21, 2015, 05:06:05 PM
This is an amazing diorama, and what a difference to the model! I much prefer your colour scheme over the original and the execution is perfect, really bringing the model to life. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Tyto_Theropod. This diorama is temporary for photographing. The display base will be smaller to fit the customer's shelf.  :)

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 22, 2015, 11:37:17 AM
:D Really awesome! One of the best repaints that I've ever seen and an unbelievable upgrade for the figure.
I'm glad you like it postsaurischian and thank you! ;)

earth108

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on August 22, 2015, 11:39:16 AM
This is just.... just.. AWESOME!!!
Thank you very much Rathalosaurus. :D

Quote from: Dinomike on August 22, 2015, 08:16:12 PM
What a wonderful piece! Truly amazing! I own this figure but I never realized it's this detailed.
Thank you very much Dinomike. May be you could own another with this paintjob.  ::)

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on August 23, 2015, 10:47:21 AM
Wow, it's amazing how much a truly naturalistic paint application can elevate such a figure - you've really brought it to life.
Thank you Silvanusaurus. The figure has a lot of details itself that I noticed when I primed it. The sculptor has really done a great job but the factory painting lines quite ruined it. :)

FabsLoo

What kind of paint did you use for re-paint  the Stegosaurus?
Great job  ;D

Viking Spawn

Whoa!  First time I seen this!  Excellent work!!!  :)

earth108

Quote from: FabsLoo on December 17, 2015, 09:06:37 AM
What kind of paint did you use for re-paint  the Stegosaurus?
Great job  ;D

Thank you very much. I used acrylics colors for my projects. :)

Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 17, 2015, 06:07:36 PM
Whoa!  First time I seen this!  Excellent work!!!  :)

Glad you like it! Thank you very much Viking Spawn.

ofmp

Estimated, great job. What type and brand of paint used are acrylic or synthetic (water or solvent), would you please tell me because I would start to restore some of my dinosaur. I'm from Córdoba Argentina and would like to find similar products used by you, and if you could advise me some tips I'd appreciate it. Big hug

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

reinier zwanink

Ooh nicely done

I didnt have that stego in my collection yet
But i am sure to do now
My compliments

earth108

Quote from: ofmp on December 22, 2015, 03:29:04 AM
Estimated, great job. What type and brand of paint used are acrylic or synthetic (water or solvent), would you please tell me because I would start to restore some of my dinosaur. I'm from Córdoba Argentina and would like to find similar products used by you, and if you could advise me some tips I'd appreciate it. Big hug

Thank you very much. I used mix brands of acrylic artist colors. Also Vallejo model color did a great job in painting details. I prefer several thin layers of color rather than a thick one. This helps you blend colors more easier. :)

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 22, 2015, 04:05:41 AM
awesome love the coulers on it !

Than you very much raptor64870! :)

Quote from: reinier zwanink on December 22, 2015, 08:25:55 AM
Ooh nicely done

I didnt have that stego in my collection yet
But i am sure to do now
My compliments

Thank you very much rainier! Wild safari stegosaurus is surely a great figure.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.