News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Repainted Safari Ltd. Stegosaurus with base

Started by earth108, August 19, 2015, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hi guys,

This is my new work. It's a repainted stegosaurus from Safari Ltd.  :)

The figure's textures are impressive. I was surprised when I primed the figure with grey primer and the details just popped out.

I chose solid red and highlighted with orange for plates and orange-red face. Hope this could attract his mate. :))

earth108

Another side

This base seems quite large for him (8"x4"). I'm making a smaller base for him (around 4"x3"). It should finished in couple of days. I'll keep update when it's ready.

earth108

Head shots ^-^

Feel free to leave comments guys!

Patrx

Whoah! Very nice take on an excellent model, you really brought out the best in it. I like the speckled pattern, very complex. Nice base, too :)

Kayakasaurus

Wow, that is fantastic! I really like it! I've considered that figure multiple times but I never got it, mostly due to the paint job. You've really captured the existing details, as well as added even more details. I'd love to hear/see how you did it, and I'm sure everyone else on the forum would as well.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Nebuloid

Amazing job, I really like how the plates turned out !

earth108

Quote from: Patrx on August 19, 2015, 06:34:29 PM
Whoah! Very nice take on an excellent model, you really brought out the best in it. I like the speckled pattern, very complex. Nice base, too :)

Thank you very much Patrx. ^-^

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 19, 2015, 06:36:52 PM
Wow, that is fantastic! I really like it! I've considered that figure multiple times but I never got it, mostly due to the paint job. You've really captured the existing details, as well as added even more details. I'd love to hear/see how you did it, and I'm sure everyone else on the forum would as well.

Thank you very much Kayakasaurus. I'm also looking to make a w.i.p. for some future projects.

Quote from: Nebuloid on August 19, 2015, 06:54:10 PM
Amazing job, I really like how the plates turned out !

Thank you very much Nebuloid. I was happy when they finally turned out too. :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

jooooo

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Kayakasaurus

Have you considered doing a YouTube tutorial? Because your really good.  :)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Arul

Look at that fire spike ! Awesome awesome awesome...

Mamasaurus

That is lovely! I was not interested in this figure before, but your paint job really makes it shine!  It would be great to see WIP shots, especially of how you did the base.  :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Tyrannosauron

That really is a thing of beauty. I found myself squinting as if doing that would help to see blood flowing through the plates. Great work!

earth108

Quote from: Jetoar on August 19, 2015, 07:16:27 PM
Wonderful  ^-^
Thank you Jetoar.

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 19, 2015, 07:53:43 PM
Big improvement, well done!
Thank you Halichoeres.

Quote from: Arul on August 20, 2015, 02:43:55 AM
Look at that fire spike ! Awesome awesome awesome...
Glad you like it Arul.

earth108

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on August 19, 2015, 08:22:15 PM
Have you considered doing a YouTube tutorial? Because your really good.  :)
I'd love to Kayakasaurus but I'm no good for real time tutorials  :-\
I might make a step by step w.i.p. like my velociraptors diorama.

Quote from: Mamasaurus on August 20, 2015, 02:55:28 AM
That is lovely! I was not interested in this figure before, but your paint job really makes it shine!  It would be great to see WIP shots, especially of how you did the base.  :)
Thank you Mamasaurus. May be I can start with a small base I'm making.

Quote from: Tyrannosauron on August 20, 2015, 06:22:27 AM
That really is a thing of beauty. I found myself squinting as if doing that would help to see blood flowing through the plates. Great work!
Thank you very much Tyrannosauron :))

earth108

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on August 19, 2015, 07:47:28 PM
How did you do the plants?

I used aquarium plants those fitted in scale with the figure. Also, fine turf from model rail roads to make moss.
The scatters on the ground are natural materials from backyard.
Hope this help. ;)

joossa

Amazing work!

Sorry if I'm out of bounds, but if you ever want to sell it, I would buy it from you in a flash. Name your price.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

earth108

Quote from: joossa on August 21, 2015, 05:23:54 AM
Amazing work!

Sorry if I'm out of bounds, but if you ever want to sell it, I would buy it from you in a flash. Name your price.

Thank you very much joossa.
This piece is a commissioned work for a customer. If you are interested in please feel free to pm me for details^-^

Doug Watson

Very nice, the body colouring especially looks very natural.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: