News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Complete collection

Started by Uroplatus, February 22, 2016, 12:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uroplatus

Hi, i'm thinking abouth selling my complete collection and i wanted to see if there was any interest in it overhere before it goes on Ebay.
For now i am only willing to sell this as a whole and nothing will be sold individually just yet so please keep this in mind, i will not respond to questions abouth one or a few models.
Also think abouth the shipping cost when making me an offer, they are packed in several banana boxes and it has some serious weight to it , i am located in Belgium so shipping might become expensive if i have to send these to some country's.
Please send me a PM if you are interested, i will consider any serious offers.
Here's what i have...

AAA:

Smilodon
Whooly mammoth
Whooly rhino
Hyaenodon
Entelodont (Daeodon)

Papo:

Standing Tyrannosaurus-rex V1
Running Tyrannosaurus-rex
Dilophosaurus 
Spinosaurus 
Allosaurus 
Carnotaurus 
Archaeopteryx 

Walking with dinosaurs 3D:

Gorgosaurus action figure
Troodon action figure
Troodon (Blind Bag) x5
Alexornis (Blind Bag)
Gorgosaurus (Blind Bag)
Hesperonychus (Blind Bag)
Alphadon (Blind Bag)
Parksosaurus (Blind Bag) x3
Edmontosaurus (Blind Bag)
Azhdarchid (Blind Bag)
Pachyrhinosaurus (Blind Bag, Scowler)

Schleich:

World of History : Tyrannosaurus-rex
World of History : Kentrosaurus 
Replica saurus : Parasaurolophus
Replica saurus : Desmatosuchus 
Replica saurus : Apatosaurus (blue version)
Prehistoric mammals : Glyptodon

Safari ltd:

Carnegie collection : Giganotosaurus 
Carnegie collection : Concavenator
Carnegie collection : Diplodocus
Carnegie collection : Dilong
Carnegie collection : Velociraptor 
Carnegie collection : Amargasaurus
Carnegie collection : Microraptor
Carnegie collection : Corythosaurus
Carnegie collection : Caudipteryx
Carnegie collection : Oviraptor V2
Carnegie collection : Miragaia
Carnegie collection : Ichthyosaurus
Carnegie collection : Deinosuchus
Carnegie collection : Beipiaosaurus
Wild Safari : Yutyrannus 
Wild safari : Scutosaurus
Wild safari : Inostrancevia
Wild safari : Postosuchus
Wild safari : Elasmosaurus
Dino discoveries : Velociraptor
Dino discoveries : Oviraptor on nest
Dinosaurs of China : Yangchuanosaurus
Dinosaurs of China : Mamenchisaurus
Prehistoric sealife tube

CollectA:

Deluxe : Carcharodontosaurus 
Deluxe : Acrocanthosaurus
Deluxe : Parasaurolophus 
Deluxe : Baryonyx 
Deluxe : Feathered Tyrannosaurus-rex
Deluxe : Tyrannosaurus-rex
Deluxe : Mosasaurus 
Liopleurodon 
Hatzegopteryx 

Bullyland:

Iguanodon
Edaphosaurus
Mastodonsaurus
Arizonasaurus
Parathypothorax
Batrachotomus
Liliensternus
Protochirotherium
Procynosuchus
Spinophorosaurus
Ammonite large
Belemnite

Rebor:

Utahraptor (Windhunter)

Battat Terra & Boston Museum of Science: (all new versions)

Cryolophosaurus
Dacentrurus
Pachyrhinosaurus
Nanshiungosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Acrocanthosaurus
Tyrannosaurus-rex
Carnotaurus sastrei
Amargasaurus

Favorite Co. Ltd. : (all my Favorite models come MIB or MIP)

Soft models:
Dunkleosteus
Dimetrodon
Opabinia
Anomalocaris
Megalodon
Archelon
Styracosaurus
Osaka museum Gobi Expo 2012 exclusive : Tarbosaurus bataar
Hyõgo museum Tamba City 2013 exclusive : Tambatitanis amicitiae
Fukui museum Spanish dinosaurs Expo 2015 exclusive : Concavenator corcovatus
Fukui museum Spanish dinosaurs Expo 2015 exclusive : Pelecanimimus polyodon
Fukui museum 2015 exclusive : Fukuisaurus tetoriensis
Fukui museum 2015 exclusive : Fukuiraptor kitadaniensis

Desktop models:
Chiba Mega-Dino expo 2015 exclusive : Turiasaurus riodevensis

Nakasato Real Series:

Kanna Dinosaur center : Feathered Tarbosaurus bataar (resin) MISP

Capcom:

Dino Expo 2009 : Guanlong MIB

Kabaya:

Deinonychus

Kaiyodo:

Dino Expo 2004 : Szechuanosaurus
UHA collect club : Protoceratops
Tokyo Science museum study room : Australopithecus
Dino tales : Diplocaulus
Dino tales : Eryops
Dino tales : Lystrosaurus
Dino tales : Acanthostega
Dino tales : Trochosaurus
Dino tales : Psychopyge
Dino tales : Bothriolepis
Dino tales : Sinemys gamera

Best wishes, Kevin.

RobinGoodfellow

Sent a PM.

...I'm sorry, I didn't read that you want to sell ALL together... If you'll change your mind, I'm interested in some of them...
Sorry again.

Libraraptor

Sorry for asking, but why do you want to do this?!

sauroid

i think he is quitting. *sad*
unsolicited advice: you might have a very hard time selling all of them in one lot to a single buyer, so selling them piece by piece might be the only way.
good luck. those are cool figures. :)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Yup.  When I sold off 90% of my collection several years ago, it took most of a full year to accomplish.  (Of course, being a former ebay-aholic, I planned it out well in advance.)  No one will be likely to offer you anything near what you are probably looking for to buy the entire lot because most collectors are looking for a couple of figures, not mass-duplication of what they already own.

You are better off selling it off in lots of 5 or 6 figures.  That way you can minimize the number of packages you have to mail, yet still be able to attract interested buyers.

Good luck.

Georassic

Sorry to hear, Kevin! It seems like we just traded a couple months ago!
I agree with others' comments; you'll be more likely to sell your valuable collection in pieces. It'll be hard to find a collector with both the need and money to buy such a large, nice collection.

Archinto

It never hurts to try and list them as a whole collection. Just be sure to include the list in the description and group pictures in the auction with maybe an external link to a photo gallery for individual shots. List it as "Ultimate Dinosaur Collection" drop some brand names in the title and list it for a big price with a best offer option. You would be suprised. It may sell! Best of luck

edit:

Another idea would be to list each collection in branded groups (AAA Papo Safari etc....) List it as a buy it now with the best offer option. This way may be better than the entire bunch as a big lot.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Uroplatus

Hi, thanks for all the replies and good karma you all sent me, and sorry i didn't answer any sooner...

The main reason what made me decide this was that my collection focus has shifted from Dinosaurs back to what i collected before, namely, Star Wars and other movie and television related figures.
Those figures very rapidly took over the display space i had for my dinosaurs and they ended up being carefully packed away in boxes and put into storage... which i don't like and i much rather had seen them go to another collector than have them packed away in a box.
So that's why i put them up for sale, the hardest thing abouth that was the idea to breaking up the collection i gathered so the idea was to sell it as a whole...

Now with that being said, i'm glad i didn't sell off any individual pieces because they surely would have been gone by now.., now that my boss has given me a place to put my collection of dinosaurs on display again.
Whoohoo!!! :D
I work at a zoo and have been offered to take one of the empty offices for displaying my collection of wildlife figures. Only thing they wanted in return was to be able to sometimes put a few of the extant animal figures (which i also collect) up for display as reference with some of the exhibits.
Needless to say i didn't have to think abouth that for very long. :)
In the course of the following weeks i will be moving all of them to a bunch of cabinets at work, where i will be able to see them as much as i like and can continue to enjoy and collect them. :)

So, the sale is off and this topic can be closed.
Sorry to all the people asking me abouth him but my Favorite Tarbosaurus, along with the rest of his buddies will stay with me and i will also keep visiting the DTF. :)

Cheers.

RobinGoodfellow

All's well that ends well.....   ^-^

postsaurischian

Quote from: Uroplatus on March 14, 2016, 08:22:56 AM
....... the sale is off and this topic can be closed. ....... i will also keep visiting the DTF. :)

:D Hurra!

Quote from: Uroplatus on March 14, 2016, 08:22:56 AM
Sorry to all the people asking me abouth him but my Favorite Tarbosaurus, along with the rest of his buddies will stay with me .......

I'm glad to read this ;). I was a bit worried about him.

PaleoMatt

Halichoeres

Glad you'll be sticking around! How lucky to have a big space at work to keep your things.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinomike

Yay! A great way to solve your display problems! Hooray!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

MLMjp

It is great that now you can keep your dinosaur collection :) :) :)

But...........I was going to ask you about some figures :'( :'(

Archinto

So happy you get to keep your figures! I know how it is selling things off. Some of them make you cry inside a little cause you know you may never get another one....
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Libraraptor

Good news! I was worried to read you wanted to sell them as a whole and thought that you had financial problems. Then the hardest thing to do would have been to sell one´s complete collection.
But the way your problem had been solved is a real win-win situation for both the zoo and you!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.