News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA carnotaurus

Started by CarnegieCollector, July 16, 2016, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnegieCollector

This is probably not a very important subject, but I am utterly surprised that collectA hasn't done a carnotaurus. Carnotaurus is a somewhat well known dinosaur, yet they haven't made one. They did Rugops
Before they did carnotaurus! It's just kinda funny that they've done sooooooo many strange/un-famous dinosaurs and prehistoric critters, yet they haven't done a carnotaurus. I'm sure they will eventually make one, and I'm sure it'll be amazing (like all they're newer dinosaurs), it's just kinda funny that they haven't done one before.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

suspsy

They've also done Rajasaurus.

I'm confident CollectA will get around to Carnotaurus sooner or later. There's tons of awesome dinosaurs they have yet to tackle. It would also be great if they started tackling synapsids and crocodyliforms and prehistoric fish. A Deluxe Carcharocles megalodon would rock---provided it was distinctive enough from a great white shark.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: suspsy on July 16, 2016, 09:28:29 PM
They've also done Rajasaurus.

I'm confident CollectA will get around to Carnotaurus sooner or later. There's tons of awesome dinosaurs they have yet to tackle. It would also be great if they started tackling synapsids and crocodyliforms and prehistoric fish. A Deluxe Carcharocles megalodon would rock---provided it was distinctive enough from a great white shark.

Aw yes! Fish would be amazing! A deluxe leedsicthys and megalodon would be awesome! Synapsids would be interesting, along with amphibians such as diplocaulus and a labyrinthodont of some sort.

terrorchicken

I wondered about that too...but in a way its a good thing they didnt do one back then... considering how foogly their old sculpts where. I bet they'd make a fantastic carnotaur now!

synapsids, those are the line that led to mammals right? gorgonopsids and such!? Id say yes to that!

suspsy

Come to think of it, CollectA's also done Majungasaurus, so that's three abelisaurids under their belt so far. Abelisaurus itself would also be a great candidate alongside Carnotaurus.

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: suspsy on July 16, 2016, 11:26:57 PM
Come to think of it, CollectA's also done Majungasaurus, so that's three abelisaurids under their belt so far. Abelisaurus itself would also be a great candidate alongside Carnotaurus.
Yes! Its funny, they've done all the lesser known abelisaurids, but not the 2 most famous ones.

CollectA: paying attention to lesser known dinosaurs since......when ever collectA come out.

Takama

Honestly, i rather see them base the models that have trouble standing, and remake there oldedest models. Then they can tackle new species including ones that Every company did once in there lives

John

If their philosophy regarding what modern animals they choose to produce is anything to go by,then I would say that the reason CollectA have not yet released a Carnotaurus is because they prefer to do species less commonly seen than what's in many other lines.So far Carnotaurus has appeared twice in the Carnegie Collection,twice from Schleich,and even once from Papo.And we can't forget the one from the Museum of Science,Boston that has turned up again in a new paint scheme under the Terra line.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Gwangi

There are actually three Carnotaurus by Schleich. Kind of surprised Wild Safari doesn't have one yet though.

suspsy

Quote from: John on August 01, 2016, 06:20:54 AM
If their philosophy regarding what modern animals they choose to produce is anything to go by,then I would say that the reason CollectA have not yet released a Carnotaurus is because they prefer to do species less commonly seen than what's in many other lines.So far Carnotaurus has appeared twice in the Carnegie Collection,twice from Schleich,and even once from Papo.And we can't forget the one from the Museum of Science,Boston that has turned up again in a new paint scheme under the Terra line.

On that note about less common species, I would really love to see CollectA expand their unmatched talent for ungulates and give us Macrauchenia, Megaloceros, Sivatherium, and Synthetoceras.

If they do make more common species like a Carnotaurus, a new Triceratops, or a new woolly mammoth, I would certainly buy those too.

Roselaar

Collecta also didn't do an Apatosaurus until last year, and the it was only a mini. Heck, they haven't even done a Dimetrodon!

Speaking of which, I would love to see some pre-Creataceous critters from Collecta. :)

CarnegieCollector

Quote from: Roselaar on August 02, 2016, 10:37:07 PM
Collecta also didn't do an Apatosaurus until last year, and the it was only a mini. Heck, they haven't even done a Dimetrodon!

Speaking of which, I would love to see some pre-Creataceous critters from Collecta. :)
Any of the mammal-like reptiles would be amazing!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.