News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dilopho's Collection

Started by Dilopho, October 06, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2016, 08:42:55 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on October 11, 2016, 08:42:40 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2016, 08:34:45 PM
The best part is the Yutryannus slippers. I didn't know such a thing existed.
Do you want to see them?  ;D

Yes!
Be patient for a few minutes...  ^-^

BlueKrono

I have that Kaiyodo ornate horned frog. One of my collections is horned frogs, but I haven't put it up on the dinosaur toy forum.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dilopho

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

They have spikes, and dinosaur footbones on the bottom!

Dilopho

Collecta Hatzegopteryx
Wow! I really, really like this figure! I have been waiting an anxious four days for it to arrive. Everyday after coming home after six hours of work I'm hoping it will be there but I was disappointed three times. Now it's here and I was so happy! It's bigger than I thought it would be, but it smells GROSS because they put it in a really smelly plastic bag thing inside an envelope to ship it. Eww! Smells like.....a beach ball?

Dilopho

4D PUZZLES

Suchomimus
This is a 4D puzzle of a Suchomimus. I don't know the company who made this. It was given to me a long time ago by a teacher at my school because one of the teachers got it as a joke gift and they knew I liked dinosaurs but they didn't. I really like this model. It is articulated, too. It is missing the dew claws for some reason. I remember looking at the back of the box and seeing their other models. One was a really interesting Pteranodon with teeth but a big neck wattle like a turkey. It was great. If I knew which shop this came from I would have probably asked to go and find the Pteranodon. But I asked the teachers and they forgot the shop they bought it from.  :o

Pentaceratops
This image is in a different backdrop, sorry! It's a little display! The Pentaceratops is one of those famous, common 4D puzzles I see around. I never have the chance to buy them. My father is divorced from my mother but sometimes I see him, and he bought me this for christmas last year. It was in a dig kit- you know, one where you chip and brush the plaster block! Fun and messy... :))
Anyway, the figure is really good, but hard to figure out how to build it! And yes, the kit included three authentic fossils! From left to right- A coprolite, a dinosaur bone fragment (don't know what species) and a mosasaur tooth!  :o I also have a different mosasaur tooth there, one I got with the Collecta Mosasaurus.
My stepdad refuses to believe they are real fossils for some reason. He thinks all fossils are incredibly rare and valuable and these must be cheap plastic things- however I can verify they are real! I'm sure we at the DinoToyBlog know how to spot a real fossil!  ;D

I have more fossils. I have many sea creatures.
I'm going to list them here and maybe upload some photos one day-
I have a Trilobite, a Belemnite, some sort of Orthocone, some coral, a shark tooth (which I sat on and chipped- ouch!!!) and some more seashells which I can't identify.

Dilopho

PLESIOSAURUS COLLECTION
Here is my collection of Plesiosaurus.

Plesiosaurus from Megasaurs, Panini and China
The big one is by HGL's Megasaurs. It is really nice! Very round. I don't normally see round plesiosaurs, they're usually quite stretched out like a sausage shape, this one is shaped like an aquatic potato. But as I said, it is really nice. This one comes from the "classic" dinosaur set I made a thread about a while back- it is supposed to look outdated, for fun. Many chinasaurs have copied this mold, including Nayab.
As for the minis, the first two are chinasaurs, the purple one being an MPC knockoff. The grey one at the end is a Panini. I got all the Panini minis except for the wooly rhino off my old French teacher! She gave them to me in a big envelope. She was so nice!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2016, 10:15:03 AM

Yes! Some-one else who owns this thing! Don't know why, but it makes me glad not to feel alone.

Dilopho

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2016, 10:21:45 AM
PLESIOSAURUS COLLECTION
Here is my collection of Plesiosaurus.

Plesiosaurus from Megasaurs, Panini and China[/u

I have that bigger plesiosaurus, except mine is green on top and yellow-green on bottom, eyes and mouth are painted on mine as well, but same mold as yours.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

JW MINIS
I HAVE TOO MANY

I HAVE ALMOST ALL OF THEM
I HAVE ALMOST ALL OF THEM!!! Remember when I said about how Flamingo Land had cheap Schleichs? Well, I brought £20 for figures/ other stuff and £10 for food/drink (it was well over 50 degrees Celsius on this day).
When I got home I realized I had the £10 still in my pocket! Darn! I could have got a Schleich T. rex! But it also just so happened that I found out later on in the day that Home Bargains had a clearance sale for JW minis. Each bag was £2.99 so I got 3 bags and received all the figures, except for the green T. rex and the non-green Triceratops.
You see, on the first day I got one bag, and I realized how well-made these figures are. They are great. Even better than most "proper" minis. But I got that bag while I was visiting my relative in Sunderland, miles away from where I live. So then I went on a hunt for any Home Bargains shop near me. It took a long time to find one with the minis, and even then it was a long way away from me, but I didn't care, I just really wanted the minis. They are great and for that price I couldn't pass them up!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 24, 2016, 10:06:22 PM
Where did you get yours?

It was on its own on Ebay, with virtually no information on what it was, but it was listed as a Baryonyx, which was the main reason I got it. If its a Suchomimus then at least it was a fairly close guess. I hadn't seen it anywhere else until your picture.

BlueKrono

I don't see that plesiosaur listed under Harry Grossman Ltd., but I'm not sure which company makes it or originated it, so that guess is as good as any. It certainly looks like it would fit in with their sculpts. I usually see it in this green color in sets of 8 or so cheap Chinasaurs on eBay. I'd be curious to read that thread of yours.
The one on the lower left in your photo looks like the Wheetos plesiosaur mold, which has since been duplicated numerous times (you can see my green Wheetos and pink knockoff). The purple one is a common sculpt that has been duplicated many times (and apparently in different sizes), but isn't a Marx knockoff. Marx never made a Plesiosaurus. The closest they came was a Kronosaurus, but it looks nothing like this checkerboard back plesiosaur, and has in fact been copied by knockoffs MPC and Winneco.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Dilopho

Thanks for the correction. That cherry red Plesiosaurus looks gorgeous.  :o

A while ago I found lots of information about HGL's dinosaurs and how they were recently rebranded as Megasaurs because in the 80s-90s another company sold them under a different name in the same sets. Either way, I believe this mold is the origin of the chinasaur. It has since degraded over time, though.

Here is the Megasaurs thread. I'm going to update the links to the pictures.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3886.msg113113#msg113113

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.