News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dilopho's Collection

Started by Dilopho, October 06, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Hi! I figured it was finally time to start this thread.  :)
But I need to clarify something first:
I have literally HUNDREDS of chinasaurs- most are from when I was a small child but I never really stopped picked up interesting ones! So I can't really count them in my collection because I have to dig them all out of around my house and that will take forever to find specific ones! I might show you some of them, though. I am also not sure if I will show my mini dinosaurs, like Panini and JW, because of the same reason- too much effort to find all the little things!  ;D

To start off with I want to show my Collecta figures!

Awful photo, I know...
Group shot of my Collecta models! From left to right: Lexovisaurus, Nasutoceratops, Spinosaurus, Diplodocus, Diabloceratops, Neovenator, Tyrannosaurus, Mosasaurus and Olorotitan.
All are very accurate except for Neovenator who has strangely proportioned feet, but it's to help the model stand......so I'll let it slide  ;).
I'm not that nitpicky over accuracy anyway. I enjoy and appreciate all my figures, even my chinasaurs!

Jose S.M.

Nice CollectAs! I have to get that Olorotitan soon! And it's not that bad of a photo, mines are worst  ;D

Libraraptor

Sounds promising, please show us more!

Dilopho

PAPO COLLECTION
This is my Papo collection, as you can tell, I really like them! I hardly ever get them because of the price, maybe one or two a year, but I got a lot for last Christmas. I just love the realism of them and the life just captured into the models!

Brachiosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus
The Brachiosaurus was my second model from Papo and I was blown away by the size! Amazing! It's very....musclular too but you can still see the ribs, which is wierd. The Pachycephalosaurus was my fourth model from Papo and I ordered it from Comaco toys- I got the Brach from there, too. I got the second Pachy for Christmas. One of them has brick dust stuck in the tail scales from when my stepfather was putting a shelf in my room (I'm kinda scared of loud noises due to medical conditions so the drilling was done by him  :( ) and all the dust rained down upon my Papos. At the time I only had five branded dinosaur figures so this was one of the only models affected, I could clean the others but this one, I couldn't get the dust out but oh well, the orange looks pretty good on the tail anyway...  ::)

Spinosaurus and Allosaurus
Now the Allosaurus is a fantastic model! To be honest, I don't think any other company even needs to bother making one anymore, unless you want an accurate one. I got this one for Christmas. It has the colour scheme I don't like- the old red and blue was better- but it's still alright. It doesn't stand well at all though- it has to rest on a single claw and if the surface is not tilted slightly downwards it will probably just fall right over. But I don't mind. When it's on my shelf I lean it against a Stegosaurus figure to keep it upright. The Spinosaurus, I got it at Flamingo Land, a theme park with a zoo inside. They had cheap Papos, about 5% off original price. They have been replaced by Schleichs this year though, but I don't mind as long as I can afford them. I will probably never go again as it was a special trip and it takes a long time to get there. I have only been there three times, one when I was not collecting dinosaurs. I don't have a car so I can't drive. Anyway, this Spinosaurus is one fo the rainbow variants- it has pink, blue and white stripes, pink hands and feet, and it is blushing pink. I like it a lot!

Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor
The Dilophosaurus was my first Papo model and my second figure from a big brand. My first was the Schleich Therizinosaurus and I thought this Dilo was going to be the same size, as I didn't know much about the models then, and I was very confused when it arrived! I was all like, is this real? It's so small! But after looking at the detail and how well-made it was I realized it was real. Nowadays I appreciate smaller dinosaur figures anyway! I can put them in my pocket and take them to places with me. I really like he pose and the design. I'm glad they stopped making JP dinosaurs before this figure came out, a frilled one would not have been good. I got the Velociraptor from Dino Park in Scotland, it was only around £8. It's really well done and it stands in tripod and biped positions.

Pteranodon and Tupuxuara
There's....honestly not much to say about these figures. I got them both for Christmas. The Tupuxuara looks really lovely and the Pteranodon is a nice replica from JP///. The pose is kind of annoying, though. I would have preferred being able to stand it up, but when it's on my shelf I put it on the Collecta feathered rex as it fits snugly resting on the tail curve. I'm more of a fan of azhdarchids, but I like these models.  ^-^

Dimetrodon and Carnotaurus
I got these both for Christmas, too! The Dimetrodon is lovely. Very mammal-like, especially the jaws. It's absolutely beautiful. The texture of the scales is really great and when it sits in the sunlight the sail "glows". The Carnotaurus is in such an imaginative, active pose! My friend hates it because she can't seem to understand that the animal wasn't always posed that way. When she first saw it she was all like "what the heck is that?" :D
Sigh.... she just came to borrow trees from my dinosaur diorama for a photo shoot for a dinosaur birthday party. She's a photographer... ::)

Tyrannosaurus family
Yay! Finally we have the Tyrannosaurus family! They're great! The two brown ones were for Christmas but the green one was my third Papo model, bought from the internet last summer. I asked one of my relatives to order it for me because even though I have the money and pay, I don't have any online accounts, and she tried to get a "cheaper" one. AKA a Bootleg. Grr.  :-[ It's not her fault, she was still trying to be nice, but it set us back around £6. I did end up getting the real one, obviously. I really like these models. The sitting rex really is the face of dinosaur figures, eh? So majestic and powerful looking. Very regal.

Dilopho

Kaiyodo

It's just this frog, that's it. That's all I have. I got it from a comic book shop because it was in a tray of videogame figures and it looked lonely. When I went to buy it, the guy at the till was all like,
"Ah yes.....the frog.... ;D hahahaha ;D...it finally moves on."
Creepy.  :-\

Dilopho

SCHLEICH COLLECTION

Therizinosaurus, Velociraptor and Allosaurus
I only have three, but they're good ones, I think! The Therizinosaurus was the first branded dinosaur I ever bought. I always had an interest in dinosaurs, in fact once I even made it onto the news when I was a kid for drawing them, but I used to be more interested in Doctor Who, but that interest has fizzled down a bit. I enjoy it still but dinosaurs and their friends fascinate me more than anything else.  In 2012 I realized that I could buy some "real", non-chinasaur dinosaurs, so I tried to think of some. And I recalled seeing a weird red one in some toy shop in Scotland. After some research I found it was this figure. I got it and it did not disappoint! It's not one of Schleich's best dinosaurs but far from their worst, I really like it.
If you read the Papo Spinosaurus text you will probably now what I'm on about here, but the last time I went to Flamingo Land I got this Velociraptor. I was really looking forward to getting a Papo Velociraptor there, but when I had arrived they were in a Schleich phase. Oh well, I wanted a Velociraptor so I had to make do. I had an extra £10 pound in my pocket and if I realized it was there I probably would have got their T. rex, too.  :(
Look, if I talk too much about the Allosaurus I will end up ranting about how terrible their allosaurs have got over time so I'm just going to say that it looks really pretty and life-like and leave it there. I got it for Christmas.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on October 10, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
Kaiyodo
It's just this frog, that's it. That's all I have. I got it from a comic book shop because it was in a tray of videogame figures and it looked lonely. When I went to buy it, the guy at the till was all like,

Whatever happens, never let it see you sleeping.

Dilopho

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2016, 07:01:48 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on October 10, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
Kaiyodo

Whatever happens, never let it see you sleeping.
But I made a little fake pond for it near my bed!  :o

Jose S.M.

Dilopho

Halichoeres

This is such a fun thread to read!  :))
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 10, 2016, 07:40:50 PM
This is such a fun thread to read!  :))
Thanks Halichoeres! I could probably write it in comic sans to make it funner.....but that'd make no one want to read it anymore. Comic sans is awful!  ;D
When I get round to it I will show off my AAAs, Carnegies and my only Safari. Maybe my JP stuff too!

Jose S.M.

Oh the pond is very cute! The frog looks like it's very comfortable with it's little home.

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on October 10, 2016, 08:00:09 PM
Oh the pond is very cute! The frog looks like it's very comfortable with it's little home.
I painted a trilobite on the bottom of the pond for him  ^-^

Dilopho

How do collection threads generally work? I have another Collecta coming and.....do I put it with the other collectas, or just in a new reply?  ???

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on October 10, 2016, 08:04:28 PM
How do collection threads generally work? I have another Collecta coming and.....do I put it with the other collectas, or just in a new reply?  ???

Either way, but I think if you're going to put it into the previous post, I would still post a new reply with a link to that post or nobody will notice you changed it.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Dilopho

Okay, here's the story behind my...
COLLECTA SCALE MODELS

Mosasaurus
This figure is amazing. It's so powerful-looking, far from what I've seen of Safari's effort. I like the creepy black eyes and the pterygoid teeth look threatening. Speaking of pterygoid teeth, that there next to the model is a genuine Mosasaurus tooth! I don't know if it is a regular tooth or a pterygoid tooth. I got it, along with the model, from eBay! Good job I got the model when I did, I hear it's pretty rare now. Although if you know where to look for it, you can find it super cheap  ;) .

Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus
I think the Spinosaurus is from Everything Dinosaur? I didn't order it but I ended up with the stickers they gave out during Christmas season last year, which is when it was ordered, but I'm not sure if they were off this specific model. I remember unboxing it and thinking, woah! This is huge! And I like the soft texture of it, better than the hard plastic of, say, small Papos! As for the Tyrannosaurus, I was hoping to get it for Christmas, but I didn't, so I ordered it on boxing day. Meh, you gotta spoil yourself sometimes! Nyehheheh!  ;D I remember, I was watching Ponyo (the anime movie) when it came and I was crying my eyes out at a scene I thought was sad (avoiding spoilers!) so I think the postman thought I was weird when I opened the door and I was standing there in my pyjamas and Yutyrannus slippers blubbering like a big bubble-blowing baby.  ::)

Halichoeres

The best part is the Yutryannus slippers. I didn't know such a thing existed.

Dilopho

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2016, 08:34:45 PM
Do you want to see them?  ;D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Dilopho on October 11, 2016, 08:42:40 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 11, 2016, 08:34:45 PM
Do you want to see them?  ;D

Yes!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: