News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Desktop Diaries

Started by Libraraptor, February 16, 2016, 08:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I've heard Greg Paul isn't the warmest individual in person. I'm glad I never met him then, especially when I was younger and thought that Predatory Dinosaurs of the World was the most marvellous book ever.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2016, 07:15:19 PM
I've heard Greg Paul isn't the most warmest individual in person. I'm glad I never met him then, especially when I was younger and thought that Predatory Dinosaurs of the World was the most marvellous book ever.

No, he certainly wasn't. I think he might be a bit burnt out. He gave a talk at my local museum and did a book signing for "The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs". I made sure to let him know that his artwork was highly influential during my youth on how I envisioned dinosaurs. He may have said "thank you" but I honestly don't remember. Scott Sampson on the other hand gave me his business card and told me to contact him if I ever wanted to volunteer for a dig. I never followed through with it but probably should have. 

Dinomike

Quote from: Doug Watson on February 26, 2016, 02:56:05 PM
Quote from: Dinomike on February 26, 2016, 07:58:44 AM
Here's where I do my creative stuff - drawing,  sculpting etc. Currently I'm repainting a Star Wars Black Edition Rey figure.

I highly recommend clicking on this image and viewing Dinomike's other images on Photobucket. Great shots of your scratch built dinos Dinomike! In this shot are those original Horizon T rexes or are they recasts? I was hoping for close ups of those on Photobucket but there weren't any. :(

Thanks Doug! Those are actually your regular Kenner Rexies. I think it's the angle that makes them look like Horizons :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Libraraptor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVeaZbWTC4g

Could I please move to this buliding and spend a few weeks there? A cot would do!

Lanthanotus

Recently installed two shelf boards above my workplace and the door frame next to it to display a part of my collection. As it is not that big and impressive, I didn't want to make a separate thread for it, so here we are (yeah, those spider webs cry for a vacuum cleaner) ...

laticauda

Very nice arrangement.  I love how the brachiosaurus at the end of the shelf with its neck and head poking out. 

Doug Watson

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 25, 2016, 11:00:55 AM
Here's my office space. It is actually pretty tidy at the moment.

Okay Dr. Admin remember when I said that Archaeopteryx model in your workspace looked familiar? Well I was looking through some old shots I have from my time at CMN and I found this shot. That is the same model! My shot is well over 25 years old and all I remember is my colleague had to either paint it or touch it up. Unfortunately anyone who might know of its origins is scattered to the wind.

Lanthanotus

Looks a bit unfinished, but nice. Great that you got the opportunity to have a look to your old photos, sometimes the world's so small :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 23, 2016, 08:43:38 PM
Looks a bit unfinished, but nice. Great that you got the opportunity to have a look to your old photos, sometimes the world's so small :)

My supervisor at the time says he thinks it was bought by one of the exhibit planners to go with a temporary exhibit and he had my colleague spruce it up a bit. That was around the time we were working on the exhibit for the Canada China Dinosaur Project so I would guess 1990. Still pretty crude by 1990 standards. That's what happens when you let exhibit planners buy the models.

Jose S.M.

This is my "work station" at the time, nothing about dinosaurs or interesting stuff as I keep my figures and books on the other side of the room and only take what I'm needing at the moment (like the books on the pic), but sometimes I take a figure to the desk while I'm doing something, I don't know why hehe, I do it while a watch TV too.

Lanthanotus

When we moved to our current appartment around 7 years ago I quickly discovered the mesozoic origin of the tiles our floor is made of. Several ammonite fossils are embedded into the slabs throughout the appartment, some up to 5 or 6 cm in diametre. The one shown here  is comparably small ( around 1.6 cm) but located directly behind my desk chair. Unfortunatly I cannot give any information about the stone or its locality, but if anyone recognizes the species of this ammonite, I'd be happy to know :)

Libraraptor

This is the kind of entry that makes being here so interesting. Fossiles in tiles - thank you for sharing! CanĀ“t tell you anything about the species, sorry.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.