You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

We're getting some great donations!

Started by fleshanthos, August 13, 2016, 02:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleshanthos

We are getting alot of great Dino donations at a museum where I volunteer some time each week.
Unfortunately, it is often due to a private collector dying.
I was blown away to arrive after a couple weeks off to find:
Gorgo skull replica - FULL SIZE!
Protocera skull replica - FULL SIZE!
juvenile Protocera skull replica.
a FULL size replica of what I suspected to be Ornitholestes, until I searched and found there to be only ONE specimen, and that with a badly crushed skull. It's a human sized Theropod, with a long tail, long neck and very tight tarsometatarsals. I would have said compy due to the longer neck and tail if the total size weren't 4x too large. It looks alot like a Dromaeo, only without the killer inner toes.
We have some carno skull replicas,  several 3' models (stego, para, tric, and diplo is LONG!) some models of Dimorphodon...
We also have a prepared bleached lower leg of an emu - along with the leatherized skin from it! It will be PERFECT material for proving evolution in lectures to schoolkids.

Add to that several teeth and a bit of broken Ornithopod skull material...

I'm enjoying it big time.   
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Derek.McManus

It's great to know that you are enjoying your position at the museum!

Halichoeres

Quote from: fleshanthos on August 13, 2016, 02:53:32 PM
a FULL size replica of what I suspected to be Ornitholestes, until I searched and found there to be only ONE specimen, and that with a badly crushed skull. It's a human sized Theropod, with a long tail, long neck and very tight tarsometatarsals. I would have said compy due to the longer neck and tail if the total size weren't 4x too large. It looks alot like a Dromaeo, only without the killer inner toes.

Cool! Could you post some pictures? If it's human sized, too large for Ornitholestes, right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

fleshanthos

Having had nothing much to do today, 30 mins of reading revealed Coelophysis - then a bit of google image research showed it was a cast of AMNH 7224, in fact. Niiiiiicce. Couldn't have been cheap.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.