News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tamiya Dinosaurs

Started by CityRaptor, November 16, 2012, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajax

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thanks. Malcolm's Para fit right in with the two Tamiya ones. :)

stoneage

tyrantqueen

To be honest, I haven't finished it even now. I lost interest I guess ::)

I also had the chasmosaurus, and started painting of the head myself, but that is all I got round to doing  :-[

One day perhaps...?

ajax

I like the little Hypsilohodon figure Tamiya made, I have it and its ready to paint. I want to put it into a diorama but need another figure to put it with, I keep getting conflicting info about where it was found. Anyone have a suggestion of another figure that would work well with it, doesn't have to be a kit figure.??
Did it only live in Europe??
Maybe Becklespinax, Baryonyx?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on February 01, 2013, 03:32:58 AM
I like the little Hypsilohodon figure Tamiya made, I have it and its ready to paint. I want to put it into a diorama but need another figure to put it with, I keep getting conflicting info about where it was found. Anyone have a suggestion of another figure that would work well with it, doesn't have to be a kit figure.??

Iguanadon, Baryonyx, and Brachiosaurus ? I've also seen it paired with Eotyrannus in some art.

ajax

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 01, 2013, 04:22:39 AM
Quote from: ajax on February 01, 2013, 03:32:58 AM

Iguanadon, Baryonyx, and Brachiosaurus ? I've also seen it paired with Eotyrannus in some art.

Yeah thanks, I have been looking and it seems they must have had very few predators in the area that we know of at the time. Its a shame, they would have made great bait. JK, Im a herbivore lover. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

no problem..lol  I don't play favorites.. ;D

yeah it seems we just don't have much info . I recall Allosaurus being paired up with them in some books..if so maybe young Allos hunted them ?

Jetoar

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 01, 2013, 03:01:46 AM

To be honest, I haven't finished it even now. I lost interest I guess ::)

I also had the chasmosaurus, and started painting of the head myself, but that is all I got round to doing  :-[

One day perhaps...?

Scheme color of Chasmosaurus is very cool, I like it  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Megalosaurus

Hello.
Yes, I bring this thread back to life because in a few hours I'm going to receive my firsts Tamiya kits:
Parasaurolophus, Chasmosaurus, Tyrannosaurus & Velociraptors 6-pack.
I appreciate advice.

What kind of glue do I need to assemble those? Is superglue a good option? Or should I use a different type of glue?
Do I need a seam filler or not? I mean for the joints of dinosaur parts? What kind of seam filler?
Do this figures need to be primed before starting to paint?
Any advice?

Thank you.

Quote from: Jetoar on February 01, 2013, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 01, 2013, 03:01:46 AM

Scheme color of Chasmosaurus is very cool, I like it  ^-^.
Did you finish it TQueen? It looks pretty good. I'd love to see your finished diorama. Or at least your finished Chasmosaurus.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

tyrantqueen

QuoteDid you finish it TQueen? It looks pretty good. I'd love to see your finished diorama. Or at least your finished Chasmosaurus.
Thanks :) I still have it, but I haven't worked on it in ages. It's in its box, stashed away somewhere :)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 13, 2014, 06:41:26 PM
QuoteDid you finish it TQueen? It looks pretty good. I'd love to see your finished diorama. Or at least your finished Chasmosaurus.
Thanks :) I still have it, but I haven't worked on it in ages. It's in its box, stashed away somewhere :)

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

danmalcolm

Hey Folks! was on Amazon.ca today and noticed that most of the Tamiya dino sets are there, for reasonable prices and with free shipping to boot! I paid 13$ for the mesozoic creatures set, velociraptors are similar price, I think the larger ones are more like 25-30$, but all with free shipping. Thought I'd post so my fellow canadians can take advantage. I haven't checked amazon.com.

crankydinosaur

Does anyone know the dimensions of the Hypsilophodon?

amargasaurus cazaui

maybe an inch by an inch and a half at most...very small
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

danmalcolm

6cm long, 2.5 cm tall at the... hyps.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.