News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

R.I.P my Papo sitting Trex

Started by acro-man, March 31, 2017, 05:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

My Papo sitting Trex, repainted by a friend, was lost on the bus when I went to work this morning.
It has been with me for 5 months.
I treated him with McDonald's, held him as my precious, sharpened its teeth, but never ever dreamed it would be gone one day.
Depressed. Regretful.
I tried not to imagine its pathetic body after tortured by an energetic kid, which is very likely to happen.
Hope it finds home in the hands of a responsible person.

R.I.P
My Papo sitting Trex  :'(

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Neosodon

That's depressing. I've come close to loosing models several times and nearly gone nuts trying to find them in the few hours or days they were missing. Loosing a favorite customized model like that must be heart breaking. :'(

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

I'm really sorry. Once I thought had lost my papo baby Triceratops, in my absence my dumb younger brother gave it to a them one year old cousin. She dropped it and I found it under a couch. It wasn't as personal as your lost, yours was customized and special

The Atroxious

I know how you feel. Sorry about your loss, man, that's gotta sting.

Last year I lost a keychain that I had put together with a bunch of meaningful fobs, but all those fobs were limited edition items, each one sold at once a year events, for that year only. In addition, I had a weird, foreign key that fit a lock I use on my bike chain, the like of which I suspect is not made in America, given to me by my dad who was a locksmith (among other things) for a number of years. The key chain was literally irreplaceable. I was upset about this for a long time. It's times like this that I get really annoyed when people say "oh, it's just an object, objects can be replaced".

All best wishes that your Papo T. rex will find its way into the hands of a diligent collector who gives it a place of pride on their shelves.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

That sucks, have you checked with the bus company to see if they have a lost and found?

ceratopsian

Sympathy.  Losing a friend always hurts.  That is such an annoying thing to happen but so easily done.  I guess it's worth trying Doug's idea - but it's more likely a child will pick him up and keep him, I fear.  Of course, some children are very careful with toys - I was!  Maybe it will spark an interest in dinosaurs in a thoughtful child.

BlueKrono

I'm sorry you lost a cherished figure, but look on the bright side... at least it wasn't brown and running.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ProSauropod

Most likely he is now the prized possession of an excited youngster, whose future love of dinosaurs will come back to this moment.  Isn't that how it started for most of us ?  I am sorry for your loss - but believe he is in a good home and someday will pass on to yet another curious mind  :)

acro-man

Quote from: The Atroxious on March 31, 2017, 07:00:31 PM
I know how you feel. Sorry about your loss, man, that's gotta sting.

Last year I lost a keychain that I had put together with a bunch of meaningful fobs, but all those fobs were limited edition items, each one sold at once a year events, for that year only. In addition, I had a weird, foreign key that fit a lock I use on my bike chain, the like of which I suspect is not made in America, given to me by my dad who was a locksmith (among other things) for a number of years. The key chain was literally irreplaceable. I was upset about this for a long time. It's times like this that I get really annoyed when people say "oh, it's just an object, objects can be replaced".

All best wishes that your Papo T. rex will find its way into the hands of a diligent collector who gives it a place of pride on their shelves.

Sorry about your loss. It must be tough.
It reminds me of my loss of a pair of beach shorts my dad gave me 15 years ago.
It was never because of the value, it's because it's a dad-to-son thing.
Small but meaningful object, just like yours.

Well, all best wishes to us in the future.
喜欢收集和P图

acro-man

Quote from: ProSauropod on April 01, 2017, 02:40:16 AM
Most likely he is now the prized possession of an excited youngster, whose future love of dinosaurs will come back to this moment.  Isn't that how it started for most of us ?  I am sorry for your loss - but believe he is in a good home and someday will pass on to yet another curious mind  :)

Yeah, we should have faith in it.
To think of this possibility just sheds light in my heart.
Thank you ProSauropod, and all of you people!
喜欢收集和P图

GasmaskMax

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.