You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Ray-finned Fish?

Started by ZoPteryx, December 18, 2017, 01:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which actinopterygian fish would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose ten (10).

Birgeria acuminata (Triassic predatory early ray-finned fish from Germany)
Bobasatrania canadensis (Permian-Triassic large jack-like fish from Canada)
Cheirolepis trailli (Devonian shark-like early ray-finned fish from Scotland)
Saurichthys seefeldensis (Triassic elongate needlefish-like marine fish from Europe)
Gyrosteus mirabilis (Jurassic large sturgeon relative from the UK)
Psephurus gladius (recently extinct giant Chinese Paddlefish)
Protopsephurus liui (Early Cretaceous giant paddlefish from China)
Protosphyraena perniciosa (Late Cretaceous swordfish-like pachycormiform found worldwide)
Bonnerichthys gladius (Late Cretaceous giant filter-feeding pachycormiform from the USA)
Pachythrissops propterus (Jurassic tarpon-like fish from Europe)
Gyrodus hexagonus (Jurassic-Cretaceous disc-shaped pycnodont)
Gebrayelichthys uyenoi (Mid-Cretaceous bizarre shrimpfish-like pycnodont from Lebanon)
Gladiopycnodus karami (Mid-Cretaceous long-nosed multi-spined pycnodont from Lebanon)
Ebenaqua ritchiei (Permian butterflyfish-like species of uncertain affinities)
Scalacurvichthys naishi (Late Cretaceous long-finned pycnodont from Israel)
Tetragonolepis discus (Late Triassic disc-shaped semionotiform)
Calamopleurus cylindricus (Early Cretaceous marine bowfin relative from Brazil)
Aspidorhynchus acustirostris (Jurassic-Cretaceous needle-nosed predatory gar-like fish)
Lycoptera middendorffi (Early Cretaceous well known minnow-like fish from China)
Pentanogmius evolutus (Late Cretaceous sail-finned fish from the USA)
Saurodon leanus (Late Cretaceous wahoo-like ichthyodectid from the USA)
Ichthyodectes ctenodon (Late Cretaceous large predatory ichthyodectid from the USA)
Phareodus testis (Eocene arowana relative from the USA)
Rhombichthys intoccabilis (Mid-Cretaceous diamond-shaped herring relative from Lebanon)
Knightia eocaena (Eocene well-known herring relative from the USA)
Oncorhynchus rastrostus (Miocene-Pleistocene giant Saber-toothed Salmon from North America)
Cimolichthys nepaholica (Late Cretaceous large barracuda-like lizardfish relative)
Eurypholis boissieri (Late Cretaceous armored large-fanged lizardfish relative from Lebanon)
Stratodus apicalis (Late Cretaceous large armored elongate lizardfish with many teeth)
Analectis pala (Oligocene opah-like lampriform from Turkmenistan)
Amphistium paradoxum (Eocene primitive flatfish from Italy)
Balkaria histiopterygia (Eocene spine-headed boxfish-relative from Russia)
Eorandallius rectifrons (Eocene surgeonfish from Italy)
Exellia velifer (Paleocene high-finned spadefish from Turkmenistan)
Blochius longirostris (Eocene needlefish-like billfish ancestor species)
Tarrasius problematicus (Carboniferous primitive blenny-like ray-finned fish from the USA)
Luoxiongichthys hyperdorsalis (Triassic hump-backed carp-like fish from China)
Xiphiorhynchus sp. (Eocene-Miocene large marlin relative with sword-like upper and lower jaws)
Eekaulostomus cuevasae (Paleocene armored trumpetfish from Mexico)

ZoPteryx

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

And only one more poll to go!  ;)

Halichoeres

I appreciate the generous vote allotment for this one. Can't pick just one pycnodont.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 19, 2017, 03:53:42 AM
I appreciate the generous vote allotment for this one. Can't pick just one pycnodont.

Agreed, some of the those pycnodonts are unbelievably weird!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.