News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Accurate Allosaurus toys?

Started by Katieraptor, January 15, 2018, 06:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

The PNSO, and many other Allosaurus toys, have been reviewed on the Dinotoyblog. Here is its genus page: http://dinotoyblog.com/genera/allosaurus/

paintingdinos

Quote from: Katieraptor on January 16, 2018, 03:09:27 AM
Yeah Ive looked at the Kaiyodo ones before but I dislike having to buy them off ebay instead of another site. Call me crazy.

There isnt a model that really captures Allosaurusness to me. I actually might try my hand at sculpting one.

While not entirely accurate, I like the new Allo model from the game "The Isle" so idk if theres anything along those lines?

You're probably going to be out of luck if you're looking for something that really looks like The Isle's newer Allo. I'm not certain there's even an Allo toy that exists with lips, let alone some of the more stylistic features of that model.

If you're wanting to recapture the spirit of their first model, I kinda got that impression when I first saw the one Acro-man shared here:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6113.0

Katieraptor

That's totally fair Tyrantqueen.

I stumbled on the PNSO mini and I THINK it might be the allosaurus of my dreams but I wanna know ehat others think.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have him, about the size of a Kaiyodo mini, arms are under muscled, rest looks good.  Might could do with a more detailed repaint.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2018, 05:54:16 PM
I have him, about the size of a Kaiyodo mini, arms are under muscled, rest looks good.  Might could do with a more detailed repaint.

That's what I thought from looking at it.

Holy crap that other acro-man one is super good. It's a bit pricier than I wanted but maybe when I get the money again...

Do you know if he's still selling them?
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Joey

Quote from: Katieraptor on January 17, 2018, 02:58:58 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2018, 05:54:16 PM

That's what I thought from looking at it.

Holy crap that other acro-man one is super good. It's a bit pricier than I wanted but maybe when I get the money again...

Do you know if he's still selling them?
You should PM him

Mirroraptor

Quote from: Joey on January 15, 2018, 09:26:59 PM
There's also this model, the Michael Trcic 1:40 scale Allosaurus. It is kind of rare and kind of expensive, but in my opinion it's all worth it.

It's 1/24 scale.

Katieraptor

Now I'm looking at the PNSO and the Kaiyodo series one I believe (Whichever one is not in the running position) Allosaurus, but not really finding good places to buy either.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Katieraptor on January 18, 2018, 06:04:32 PM
Now I'm looking at the PNSO and the Kaiyodo series one I believe (Whichever one is not in the running position) Allosaurus, but not really finding good places to buy either.

Try ebay, there are a few different Kaiyodo Allosaurs.

Dean has the PNSO : http://www.dejankins.com/pnso17

Shonisaurus

Also in Great Britain, www.everythingdinosaur.com sells PNSO dinosaurs including allosaurus .. I pass a link:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product-category/models-and-inflatables/pnso-age-of-dinosaurs/

As for Kaiyodo Dinotales you can contact Brett member of the forum. He will gladly tell you and he will sell you Kaiyodo figures much cheaper than if you buy them on eBay for example.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 18, 2018, 10:04:46 PM

Also in Great Britain, www.everythingdinosaur.com sells PNSO dinosaurs including allosaurus .. I pass a link:

https://www.everythingdinosaur.com/product-category/models-and-inflatables/pnso-age-of-dinosaurs/

As for Kaiyodo Dinotales you can contact Brett member of the forum. He will gladly tell you and he will sell you Kaiyodo figures much cheaper than if you buy them on eBay for example.

What's his username?

My Art

Jose S.M.

His username is brettnj, I recommend buying with him too, it's very trustworthy.

Katieraptor

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on January 19, 2018, 04:34:32 PM
His username is brettnj, I recommend buying with him too, it's very trustworthy.

Okay, thanks, I'll look into it.

Yeah I think I'm gonna try and get ahold of both versions of Kaiyodo allosaurus plus the skeleton if I can. I'm an Allosaurus freak.

My Art

Lanthanotus

I feel for you.... I also yet have to find the perfect Allosaurus for my collection. My general favorite is the Kaiyodo Dinotales Series 2 Allosaurus (another one than  the one potsaurischian posted) as it comes with a skeleton in the exact some stance from the same series (click). Weirdly enough, the skeleton is rather perfect and for example shows the enlarged claw while its life reconstruction counterpart lacks this feature.

Still, I made an Allosaurus for myself but it's more a statue than a figure to handle: click!

Katieraptor

I ended up getting the brown version of the one that Potsaurischian posted, along with I believe the dinotales 2 one that you got and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them. The pictures I found of both these animals did NOT do them justice in the slightest.

I'm working right now on acquiring some of the Colorata stuff.

My Art

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.