You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Vision of Ancient Creatures - an interview with paleoartist Gabriel Ugeto

Started by Patrx, March 15, 2018, 10:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

https://youtu.be/t5NIua_Dveo

Check this out - a fascinating conversation with Gabriel Ugeto, a prolific paleoartist, about the nature and current state of paleoart.

SBell

PhilSauria

Thanks for posting this - very informative. I have been a fan of his for quite a while and it was quite interesting to see how he works and the thought processes behind his illustrations. You can't go wrong if you start off thinking of these creatures as what they were /are; animals. Sounds a bit of a no-brainer but there is so much art that depicts them in a sensationalist movie-poster fashion, more like a Hollywood special effect than an extinct animal.

Patrx

Absolutely! Unsurprisingly, I'd very much like to see some of these principles applied to dinosaur figures and sculpture more frequently in the future. Additionally, for those that don't follow his work on Twitter, Gabriel has begun work on a "field guide"-style palaeoart book called Journey to the Mesozoic, Vol. 1. Exciting stuff!

Halichoeres

Thanks for posting! I'm stoked about Journey to the Mesozoic. Maybe after Volume 2 he can be talked into tacking a journey to the Paleozoic?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.