News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dromaenychus customs

Started by Dromaenychus, December 14, 2017, 05:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dromaenychus

Centrosaurus is criminally underrepresented in dinosaur toys.
In fact, the closest I can think of is the old DinoRiders Monoclonius, and that was a sad representation.
It's my favorite ceratopsian, so I decided to make my own while waiting the Beasts of the Mesozoic Ceratopsian Kickstarter or maybe Safari ltd grace us with one.
I used a Papo Pachyrhinosaurus as a base. In this case Papo inaccuracy is a blessing.
Used some ProCreate sculpting putty and a hobby knife.
I'm quite pleased with the results, it's not perfect, but close enough for me.

Jose S.M.

Wonderful job! It looks really good, great paintjob too.

Simon

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

ceratopsian

A very successful project. I love the paint scheme too.

Lanthanotus

Dromaenychus

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I just had to fill that Centrosaurus shaped hole in my collection.
I will gladly buy a Safari or CollectA one (probably both) if they are ever made  though. Need one with accurate skin textures!

Pachyrhinosaurus

This turned out really well! I'm sure it wasn't your intention but I really like the simplicity in your unfinished paintjob. The final one's good too but the base colors look great on their own.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Dromaenychus

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on December 15, 2017, 02:54:23 AM
This turned out really well! I'm sure it wasn't your intention but I really like the simplicity in your unfinished paintjob. The final one's good too but the base colors look great on their own.
For a moment I felt like leaving it like that, but I had planned the stripes from the beginning, and decided to follow through.

ZoPteryx

Incredible work, miles ahead of the base figure in both sculpt and paint!  :)

Reptilia

Great job, I like the colour scheme you went for.

Dromaenychus

My custom Beasts of the Mesozoic Build-a-raptors
Bluejay raptor:

Hoatzinoraptor:

1/10 scale Deinonychus based on the Cooper's Hawk colors:

Jose S.M.

Great paintjobs! I love the hoatzin one.

IrritatorRaji

Amazing BotM repaints! I adore that Bluejay!

mgaguilar

Oh my goodness everything you touch (paint) turns to gold.
Brilliant take on the Centrosaurus as well as the wonderful color schemes of the raptors.

ITdactyl

Awesome work! What paints do you use? I like how they're vibrant but not too shiny or cartoony. Did you use a varnish?

Dromaenychus

Thanks! I use Liquitex Heavy Body acrylics,  and I clear coat with Testors Model Master Acryl flat clear coat. The clear coat finish tends to vary depending on how thick you go or how well the paint is mixed.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.