You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Park the Ride is closing down September 3rd

Started by Sigmasaurus, May 11, 2018, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmasaurus

This morning I was just strolling the internet and I found this heartbreaking post: https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2018/05/11/Jurassic-Park-ride-will-officially-close-at-Universal-Hollywood-Sept-3/8431526036579/

I have personally rode it a few times while I was there, but I think it is a bonehead decision to remove it due to how iconic it is to universal and how good the ride generally is. The Jurassic Cove restaurant and Jurassic Outfitters retail store also will close with the attraction and re-open next year. Also, it states in the article, they will add a new Jurassic World ride, so that is something to get exited for, but I doubt it will be anything more than a screen 3D ride like all the others.  :'(

Mini Minmi

Aww shame I'll never had a chance to go yet. Maybe we can hope for a physical ride for Jurassic World since this one was so successful?

Cretaceous Crab

I saw a different article that stated Universal Studios is revamping that attraction to be a Jurassic World ride, allegedly to be re-opened in 2019.

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/jurassic-world/

Neosodon

Jurrasic Park is more iconic then Jurassic World will ever hope to be. Even the name Jurassic Park sounds better. I bet this has something to do with commercial advertising.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Loon

As sad as this makes me, knowing the theme park industry, I can already tell what's going to happen. It's going to be a reskin essentially with new animatronics modelled after JW, probably the exact same ride just a different story given the relatively quick amount of time before it reopens. That and maybe a new line area, probably with a gyrosphere or something chilling out. That stinks because I always liked having Richard Attenborough back as John Hammond for the que video.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.